Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prettybow

RED light BLUE light acne treatment, have you had

I've been wondering exactly the same question mate!!

I have studied acne this year and looked at the research and from my appreciation of laser research, the red-blue light therapy seems to be the most promising, rather than clearlight or yellow light forms (n-lite) or even blue light on its own. I really wana give it a shot but not sure about buying one until i know it works. However here in the Uk we dont sell those lamps and dont offer that laser treatment...not that ive found neway!.

Also i have looked around for these products, and im sure i saw a lamp like the ones on that site, but that it combined both red and blue light. It was expensive but if it works, it well worth it to spend 200 quid on a lamp instead of 300 quid on one laser n-lite session that may see little reduction in your skin quality.

So please.....has anyone used this red-blue light treatment????? In the UK????Where???

I purchased an internet "red/blue" device which claimed it would clear acne. It cost $250 US. It had what looked like LED bulbs on three light arms. It was sold out of National City, CA I believe.

At the same time, we signed our daughter up for clearlight. During the clearlight treatments, i brought the blue red light device in for the doctor to see. I asked whether using it at the same time would be helpful. He put his meter on the clearlight device he uses at his office and it registered 70. He then measured the "internet" device on his meter and it registered 5. He said it would be totally ineffective at that level. He had nothing to gain, since I already paid for the clearlight treatments in advance. He noted that the blue light treatment is effective (420 nm wavelength), but the intensity must be sufficient to penetrate the many skin layers and get to the follicles where it causes the porphyrns to produce peroxide (this is what kills the p acnes). The many "copy cat" devices are usually too weak or not the right wavelength. You don't want any UV or you will get skin damage and UV and blue light are close. A poorly constructed device may introduce UV as a byproduct. Thats what I know about it.

I purchased an internet "red/blue" device which claimed it would clear acne. It cost $250 US. It had what looked like LED bulbs on three light arms. It was sold out of National City, CA I believe.

At the same time, we signed our daughter up for clearlight. During the clearlight treatments, i brought the blue red light device in for the doctor to see. I asked whether using it at the same time would be helpful. He put his meter on the clearlight device he uses at his office and it registered 70. He then measured the "internet" device on his meter and it registered 5. He said it would be totally ineffective at that level. He had nothing to gain, since I already paid for the clearlight treatments in advance. He noted that the blue light treatment is effective (420 nm wavelength), but the intensity must be sufficient to penetrate the many skin layers and get to the follicles where it causes the porphyrns to produce peroxide (this is what kills the p acnes). The many "copy cat" devices are usually too weak or not the right wavelength. You don't want any UV or you will get skin damage and UV and blue light are close. A poorly constructed device may introduce UV as a byproduct. Thats what I know about it.