Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnjoz

skin peeling on accutnae

ya w/e there red marks n shit my skins dry and theres dead skin all over it... what should i do peel it? or use some sort of scrub? i got the st.ives scrub but im afraid to use it case it has some sa in it.

what should i do

NO! do not exfoliate like that...Just moisturize 2 times every day with neutrogena SPF 30 and wash with cetaphil normal skin cleanser 2 times in each shower Morn/Night. Never FORCE the skin off, as thats what accutane is doing already..If you hurry the process you will unearth skin to early and cause scarring/irritation..

Smoothbeamin.. cool.gif

My personal experience is that you don't have to freakin paranoid on behalf of your skin when on accutane. Try the exfoliator just a little bit and see if its ok. I've used strong SA products (Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, Medicated CLearing Gel 2% & MD Formulations Claering Complex 5% SA) without any problems while on a 40mg dosage..

i used a little baking soda with cetaphil and rubbed gently to try and get some of the flakes off then used either olay or cetaphil moisturizer. it'll take a little while tho.