Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Can anyone tell me how good the AHA from the website actually works for red marks? My face is COVERED in hideous red marks and I need something to make them heal quicker.

Fortunately within the past 3-4 months I've been able to reduce my red marks and make them about 60%-70% better than what they were. However, I just can't take it anymore, I need something that will work quicker. Especially since I do still get a little bit of acne, and for whatever crazy reason, the smallest zit will leave me with a new red mark!

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted

I ordered AHA and it should be arriving Monday or Tuesday, so after a while, I'll post back on this thread about how it worked out. :)

Guest Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh
Posted

hey Symmetry! was it those light devices that u were using (if that was u) that helped u to improve your redmarks so much? :/

about aha some ppl says its great for redmarks, some say its great but takes time..n im like whats that sposed to mean? o_0 bcz with time they will be fading without anything anywayz n we dont care about no time, we need it duh faaster to work, right? so its rly weird controversy about this everywhere i looked, that i myself am not sure about this anymore, but i was planning to get 1 myself too.

Posted

I've been using Dan's AHA for about a week now, and have applied it a total of 3 times. I'm doing a lot of other stuff for my skin, but I can honestly say that this is quality stuff! It has a slight tingling sensation, but it doesn't burn, unless you have any open lesions. You can use it as a spot treatment and as a overall exfoliator every 2-3 days. My laugh lines never really bothered me, and I'm not sure if it's the other moisturizer I'm using or both, but it seems like they're fading as well and my skin's glow is constantly improving!

Posted

I never used the .org AHA, but I used the original Alpha Hydroxy Lotion. I only put it on red marks though and avoided putting it on pimples (it seemed to make them darker and grow). I used it for about a week and it seemed to make a slight difference, but I didn't give it enough time to actually make a solid opinion because I got some new topicals in the mail.

AHA is one of the most used products though and the .org AHA has gotten some good reviews. Some peoples skin doesn't react great to AHA at first though so start lightly.

Posted

Been using it for close to 2 years. I use it on on and off. At first I used it 3 or so times a week and gradually reduced my usage due to laziness. Anyways, I can definitely say it's reduced my red marks a lot. But I also managed to reduce my acne overall so that I wouldn't keep getting red marks and end the cycle.

TL;DR: It worked for me, but I'd give it at least one month before judging its effectiveness.

Posted

Thanks for the help guys!

Posted

I too use the Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion ($10 at Ulta or drug stores) rather than Dan's and it's been probably 6 months now. I don't know if it has lessened red marks, but it completely cleared up all my back acne. It doesn't break me out and it still tingles, so it's doing "something" ;) I use it almost every night. Some nights I use green cream instead-- jury is still out on that one, but it is making me peel, so hopefully my marks are fading.

Posted

Oh yeah, AHA is definitely fading my red marks. My cheeks have cleared up tremendously. I use the Alpha Hydrox 10% Enhanced Lotion during the day, wash my face and let my face 'relax', and at night I use the Alpha Hydrox 12% Souffle as a thin mask all over my face (watch out for your eyes/eyebags because that area is extremely delicate and can burn). My face is so smooth and radiant. My light scarring is gone. Red marks, as I said, have improved tremendously.

Posted

Where can I get Alpha Hydrox 12% Souffle? And is Alpha Hydrox 10% Enhanced Lotion better than the stuff on the Acne.org store?

Posted

I got my Paula's Choice AHA 10% (weekly) and 5% (daily) samples a few days ago. I hope it will fade my red marks en reduce the flakes I get from Differin!

Posted

I'm so sorry! I just saw your post asking where to find the products. I hope you still check up on this topic. I found both products at an Ulta cosmetics store. That's the only store around here, the Midwest, that carries it. You can also get the products online: http://www.neotericcosmetics.com/alpha-hydrox/products.html