Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aviont

How are you spending this valentine with ACNE?

As the whole world knows, valentine day is up to the mark.. people around the world are extremely excited for it. While me at the age of 18, is hiding in my house for these stupid acne's!!! i can't even tell the truth to my friends why i won't be there in college that day. During this winter i had bad breakouts n can't literally show my face to anyone. Can't go to parties,clubs,wedding,etc. Just feel ashamed of myself. Now, as iam ashamed of myself it's obvious i hate valentine's day! Where all my buddies are planning dates,etc. here me sitting infront of acne.org writing of my tragedy. Even my aunt's are asking don't i have any dates this valentine?

I don't have anyone to share my true feelings.. here only i found people who are really humble and helpfull. I want to know how you are spending this valentine with ACNE?

Alone I guess, dont have anybody.

Just the idea, that some girl (preferably some I could like too) would give me chocolate as a present... on this day... that is lovers day... proclaiming her love, publicly? That would be... WOW.

I had some classes last year, and when we were done my co-mates girldriends were waiting for them outside. Its just un-imaginable. Must be great to be in love, which is returned also. I havent had the luck.

Edited by extasy_crysis

I'm on a business trip, so I will not be with my amazing children for Valentine's day. I want nothing more than to be with my two little girls and cuddle up to them. I'd never let acne or anything get in that way, but the business trip couldn't be avoided.

chin up! try to enjoy the day by pampering the most important person in your life --- YOU! Do something that makes YOU feel good. Get a manicure, shop, read a book, enjoy the sunshine! Acne be damned, it does NOT deserve to ruin your day!

well i´ll will be with my boyfriend all day, cause even though i have acne i can still get a boyfriend. this means that looks don´t always matter especially when you love someone you accept that person just the way he/she is.

but i personally don´t like valentine´s day, i do not like romance!!!!!

Well,I'm mostly clear now....but you shouldn't miss out on V-day if you have a boyfriend or girlfriend!

Think of all the yummy food you're missing out on.

If you're single for valentines you can still send flowers to your mother,sisters,any woman in your family. V-day isn't just about a significant other anymore,families often give each other stuff too. It's a nice excuse to show your appreciation and love for your family.

And who can pass up discounted candy? Double yum.

Acne sucks and blah, but it doesn't have to hinder you from having fun. Really.

I'll be spending the morning with my wonderful boyfriend until he goes to work. :wub: Lucky for me he doesn't care about my acne.

Aviont, don't let your acne control your life. Go out and do the things you wanna do! Go to those parties, meet those people. Your aunt is wondering why you don't have a date because she sees past your acne to the person you really are (cheezy, yes, but most likely true). Call up some single friends and have a night out. Do anything!

with the my boyfriend aka the love of my life. he supports me and think im beautiful whether my skin is clear or ridden with acne. dont let acne hold you back from love, cause its amazing!!!!!

I've never done anything for valentine's day - acne or not. I don't hate it though. It's just another day for me...

But try not to think about it if it bothers you. Jealousy and envy won't get you anywhere. Maybe one day it will be fun or special but it can't always be for everyone.

I didn't have a girlfriend this year, it was quite a change of pace! :) my skin was clear this time last year. It's starting to clear up now, but I don't think anything to do with acne got in my way today.

being single is great :) so far I have cooked a bbq, had a beer, went to the gym, read the rest of my nutrition book, wrote my resume and tonight I am planning on having a beer and cuddling up and watching a film ( this time last year I was watching the notebook). tonight i will watch something like mortal kombat or rambo, lol! I do love you girls, but we like our action movies!

I do hope things get better for you. A little story of encouragement ...3 valentines days ago I had just started accutane, I remember I had picked at 2 little things on my forehead and the skin slid off leaving a huge red mess. The whole time I was at dinner I was so worried about my skin...and then the next valentines day the same man I was out to dinner the year I thought my skin was so bad, proposed to me. So you just gotta hang in there, I know its hard I still have my bad skin days. Don't let it get you down :)

Guest Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh

ha! dont give shit bout valentines schmalentines day, lmao!!! xD but it just happens that its my dads name day (hes valentine lol, funny name sounds like clementine) so we gotta celebrate it, cant help it, n i behaved sooo good n being nice n everything despite shit going on in my head, but then ofc dad had to mention that! :doubt: n ofc i went on rage n basically put every1 on depression too n noow..i have to regret it n shit n regreting just sucks n well blahblahblagh just FML :wiggle:

I spent the evening with my boyfriend...lovely seeing him on a monday! ^_^ He surprised me with a couple roses and candy. We saw "The King's Speech" and ate out afterwards.

He doens't care about acne BUT I did meet him from this website. Might have a bit to do with acne being a given in our relationship. :think::razz:

Lol "extremely excited?" About Valentine's Day? Maybe if guys gf's/wives give them head at the end of it. It's just another day in a series of days really.

Priceless

Alone I guess, dont have anybody.

Just the idea, that some girl (preferably some I could like too) would give me chocolate as a present... on this day... that is lovers day... proclaiming her love, publicly? That would be... WOW.

I had some classes last year, and when we were done my co-mates girldriends were waiting for them outside. Its just un-imaginable. Must be great to be in love, which is returned also. I havent had the luck.

Nobody seemed excited here.. I wasn't excited! I had to go college, study.. and work.. I was very busy. ^_^ So don't worry... I had no luck either, but I am not upset.. I didn't even try anyways.

If I had female friends I would probably give it a shot. lol

I didn't have a girlfriend this year, it was quite a change of pace! :) my skin was clear this time last year. It's starting to clear up now, but I don't think anything to do with acne got in my way today.

being single is great :) so far I have cooked a bbq, had a beer, went to the gym, read the rest of my nutrition book, wrote my resume and tonight I am planning on having a beer and cuddling up and watching a film ( this time last year I was watching the notebook). tonight i will watch something like mortal kombat or rambo, lol! I do love you girls, but we like our action movies!

I second that!! I say that sometimes to people.. I am being honest and I think being single is great if you're in college, trying to accomplish something. My major is Nurse Practitioner or Registered Holistic Nutritions or what ever.. I love helping people and suggesting people diets..Also, I love cooking. We'll see what happens.. never know.. I could meet a girl in nursing school.. ha ha.. I wouldn't mind.. :) I was into sport because I am a sport person.. but I gave up baseball for nursing.

Or even boxer.. Sport got nothing to do to help people.. just entertainment but there's a lot of things to entertain yourself. I rather save lives. :)

Edited by EddieE

there are some girls that like action movies =P i love them lol

i got stood up for valentines day, my friends set me up with a girl who works in the same mall that i do, and i actually overheard one of HER friends commenting to her that she could do better than someone who looks like me....so she decided not to show up for valentines day, ive been really pissed off since then cuz lately ive been doing better with controlling my acne....but i do have a pitted face and i guess im destined to die alone ayways...

I was in the Philippines on Valentines day at the beach in Subic Bay swimming in the nice salty ocean. I heard its good for pimples ( I did have a nasty breakout when I arrived in the PI because of humidity and heat) so I gladly took the plunge. Honestly I was having too much fun with my husband to really care about my breakout, its coming back to haunt me now though.

i got stood up for valentines day, my friends set me up with a girl who works in the same mall that i do, and i actually overheard one of HER friends commenting to her that she could do better than someone who looks like me....so she decided not to show up for valentines day, ive been really pissed off since then cuz lately ive been doing better with controlling my acne....but i do have a pitted face and i guess im destined to die alone ayways...

well that is ridiculous. i hate how people weigh so much on looks ya know? like bleh..screw that girl, if shes shallow enough to not even figure out what kind of person u are, and how ur personality is, then she is NOT worth your time.

fuck her bro, shallow bitches. You'll find someone better.

Valentines Day passed me by without having a girlfriend to spend time with, just as it always has. Although I did get my first ever valentine. Granted, it was a message to say hi as I couldn't see her on the day, but the thought that someone would think of me was great. It's never happened before.

That brings me to a situation I've never been in before: I like this girl, and she's only ever seen me when my acne's been OK, but I don't know what the reaction would be when my acne's bad.

There's no way someone would hang around forever if you kept cancelling. It's not like I can just say, "I can't come out this week, my acne's bad".

She asked if we could meet up this coming Thursday. Although it's not confirmed yet, I'm now frantically trying to get rid of this breakout that's happened over the last 24 hours, and I just know that unless it suddenly clears, I'm surely going to have to cancel. Sucks. :(