Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
prettybow

How do I know if panethene even works?

Ive been on it for 3 months now, and my face is still oily as ever. My acne hasnt gotten worse nor better. I really dont know whether or not to keep buying this stuff, its costing me like at least $25 a month, and I sure dont have money to be wasting like this. I dont know what to do. Does anyone have proof that it really works, and if Ive been on it 3 months now, without any decrease in oil, should I still wait longer? Thanks for your help

Ive been on it for 3 months now, and my face is still oily as ever. My acne hasnt gotten worse nor better. I really dont know whether or not to keep buying this stuff, its costing me like at least $25 a month, and I sure dont have money to be wasting like this. I dont know what to do. Does anyone have proof that it really works, and if Ive been on it 3 months now, without any decrease in oil, should I still wait longer? Thanks for your help

i think youre talking about vitamin B5... all this B5 hoopla is based on one chineese study thats about ten years old and was based on incorrect science. ive seen a lot of messageboard B5 stories and a good number of them look like advertising in disguise... the rest of the stories are either placebo effect or the improvement was incorectly attributed to B5 when it was really due to something else. maybe there are a few cases where B5 actually worked but i doubt it.

i think youre talking about vitamin B5... all this B5 hoopla is based on one chineese study thats about ten years old and was based on incorrect science. ive seen a lot of messageboard B5 stories and a good number of them look like advertising in disguise... the rest of the stories are either placebo effect or the improvement was incorectly attributed to B5 when it was really due to something else. maybe there are a few cases where B5 actually worked but i doubt it.

Its not a placebo, theres loads of testamonials on various forums that it works. Also how is the science false?

You gotta make sure you are taking the correct dosage and to keep it exact, 10g a day or more if u got it even worse.

b5 is something that worked for me but it doesnt work for everybody...but i have to take at least 10g a day for it to be effective or it wont work;..and i have also heard of a few doctors prescribing it suprisingly

I did B5 for about 5 months and found it to be a waste of money. At the beginning, I think I imagined it to be working, but after I stopped my skin remained the same as it was the whole time I used B5. Also, I won't go into specifics, but I had rather unpleasant side effects the whole five months I used B5. So NOT worth it!

Its not a placebo, theres loads of testamonials on various forums that it works. Also how is the science false?

You gotta make sure you are taking the correct dosage and to keep it exact, 10g a day or more if u got it even worse.

I did B5 for about 5 months and found it to be a waste of money. At the beginning, I think I imagined it to be working, but after I stopped my skin remained the same as it was the whole time I used B5. Also, I won't go into specifics, but I had rather unpleasant side effects the whole five months I used B5. So NOT worth it!

Ive been using it for about 4-5months nows.

I the study was not based on effective methodology, not science mate. It was geographically specific to a chinese area, low participant numbers, not totally valid and also people used topical b5 cream simultaneously, something the B5 companies do not tell you.

I have noticed that it does refine your pores on your skin, and if at the high dose (im taking 20tablets a day..although down to 15 as i cant hack it with erythromycin....gives you the runs!!), it makes some difference to you skin tone. HOwever, in my experience (and perhaps given that i have had acne for 7 years and it has become more resistant) B5 will not prevent your acne, if you have more than moderate acne. However its a good supplement to take to keep your skin tick over (though mine is severe and b5 is merely a supplement for me, not a cure).

well I dont need to take 10grams of this, thats the b-5 youre talking about. Im taking panthetine. Anyway, Ive been taking the correct dosage now for a long time with absolutely ZERO results. Why is that?

well I dont need to take 10grams of this, thats the b-5 youre talking about. Im taking panthetine. Anyway, Ive been taking the correct dosage now for a long time with absolutely ZERO results. Why is that?

You're welcome. Btw, how many mgs of Pantethine you only have to take? According to the article below, Pantethine stays in your body for 16 hours! I've gone to other newsgroups and I read that some people are taking 900mg of Pantethine which is actually the dosage for people with cholesterol problems. I'm not sure how that translates to controlling acne/oiliness.

Pantethine is more expensive because it doubles as a lipid metabolism and therefore effective in controlling your cholesterol levels, however, you consume less of it. Also, I read that you woudn't need to supplement it with Biotin or Methionine. I don't know if that is correct but only Dr. Leung will be able to answer it.

Pantethine is a double molecule of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), connected with a sulfide bond. Pantethine is created in small amounts by the body, during the metabolism of pantothenic acid. Pantothenic acid, whether from food sources or from supplements, is a water-soluble B vitamin essential for energy metabolism within all living cells of the body. However, due to the water-soluble nature of pantothenic acid, the body processes the needed amount and flushes the excess out of the body via urinary excretion. Pantethine, on the other hand, stays in the bloodstream for up to 16 hours. The fact that pantethine stays in the blood for an extended period of time maximizes its effects in supporting energy and lipid metabolism. Pantethine is used in the liver, where it has been shown to support lipid metabolism. Enhanced lipid metabolism results in higher levels of HDL-C, and lower levels of LDL-C and triglycerides. Pantethine is safe and has no known negative drug interactions. The only known side effect of high-dose pantethine supplementation is increased bowel activity and diarrhea in certain individuals.

BTW, do you use (or anyone here) use the products made by AcneMiracle.com? They are the only ones I think that use B5 in their products.

I take 300 mg of Pantethine, 3 times a day, so 900mg total. It works the same as megadosing on B5. And it's safer, you don't have to take so many B5 pills. I heard that you can get calcium buildup in your kidney if you take B5 megadose for a long time. It's dangerous. A person had to get a painful kidney stone removed because of the calcium buildup from megadosing on B5.

Pantethine is safer and works the same. It is the active ingredient in Vitamin B5. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I'll respond in this thread.

ive been taking b5 for maybe a month now and my acne is no longer a problem. i do get an occasional spot but i never get many at a time like i used to. ive been using the same cleanser as i was before starting b5 so the clearing is sure to be from b5 and not some other product.

b5 is seriously a dream and its unimaginable that i finnaly dont worry about people seeing my gross face because it is so nice and clear. and im so glad i dont have to leave products and gels and creams all over my face bcuz i never liked how they felt on my skin i like it being just freshly washed.. i always feel like i needa wash it again after putting that crap on. id be pretty upset being so happy with the results i have to find that i could get kidney stones and have to find sonmething else that prolly wont work for my acne

will calcium really build up in the kidney causing a kidney stone? that scares the shit out of me.. plz elaborate on that and is it common?

and the thing with oil reduction i didnt think it reduced oil i thought it removed or lessened something from the oil that the bacteria from pimples previously fed on..