Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone here ever used Murad Acne Complex? and did it work for you?

I got my kit like a week ago. It came with:

- Clarying Cleanser (SA 1.5%)

- Exfoliating Gel (SA 1.0%)

- Spot Treatment (Sulphur 3.0%)

- Perfecting Lotion

I was really dissappointed and confused when I first got my kit. Their infomercial said that they had some special formula without BP to help clear acne faster, yet their 'special formula' is basically SA.

Then it worked...really well, for about...4 days. I saw a dramatic change and my acne was clearning up. Then it just stopped, I started to break out more and it's been a week and half and I'm back to square one.

So two days ago, I decided to try something different and instead of using the Gel after cleansing, I've been putting the Spot Treatment all over my face. My acne seems to be clearing up again, but very slowly.

Does anyone know if there is an easier way for me to use this kit? LOL I really wanna get clear before school starts again.

smile.gif

haha dont use that spot treatment all over your face. You will run out of it stupid fast. It worked O.K. for me... After awhile though I think its a waste of time. Since, you cant even change your kit around.If you could I would get a cleanser and 3 spot treatments, but nope can't do it. mad.gif

Oh, and don't over use it,my face was burning like no other. dry.gif

so the exfoliating gel didn't work for you either? lol did you try to use the kit differently? did it work for you?

lol sorry for my questions...i just really wanna get cleared. i'm trying to decide if i shud screw this and just get some cleanser/BP/moistruzer and follow 'the regime' or something.

bb_doubt.gif

I still have Murad SA bottles from 1999. bb_lol.gifbb_lol.gif. The only thing I remember working for me was the spot treatment. Everything else is second-hand to Proactiv, basically.

So what do you guys suggest me to do to 'try' to get clear in just 2 weeks? Dan's regime? the 10% Clearasil Ultra stuff? or any awesome regimes? LOL

I have a huge tube of Aloe Vera and it works really well, it does a really good job of reducing the redness left by BP.

So what do you guys suggest me to do to 'try' to get clear in just 2 weeks? Dan's regime? the 10% Clearasil Ultra stuff? or any awesome regimes? LOL

I have a huge tube of Aloe Vera and it works really well, it does a really good job of reducing the redness left by BP.

^ but the whole dry lips/depression thing scares me about Accutane. I think i'm going to keep trying topical stuff on my face for another 2 months, lol and THEn i'm gonna try n ask for Accutane if nothing helps.

i dig your screenname tho...exactly how i feel about my skin tongue.gif

DO NOT do accutane. Accutane is a LAST resort. I definitely think you should try Dan's regimen. I haven't had one person say anything to me about it not working. Give it go!!!

Your not gonna get clear in 2 weeks. In 2 weeks you will probably be in the midst of the initial breakout. Anything worth while takes time and sacrifice.

The murad cleanser worked well but that's about the only thing in the kit that was good. I suggest you keep using that and the sulfur maybe and replace the Gel and Moisturizer with neutrogena products: Clear Pore Oil Controlling Astringent, Oil-Free Moisture for Combination Skin. Both products work very well for me.

Murad did not work for me. I am thinking about trying the regime at www.rivivalabs.com. It is sulfur and zinc based. I emailed them about it to make sure it had no BP, because that gives me trouble. I wish I knew someone who had tried the Reviva stuff!