Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sometimes I'll go to Sephora or Ulta and just wander the aisles looking at all the skin stuff, like the miracle cure is there and I've been overlooking it all along. I feel like so compelled to just buy everything and blow a ton of money even though I know it's all basically the same stuff in a different package. I just feel so desperate sometimes :boohoo:

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

yah ikno all that shit is totally luring us into buying them but in the end its only to disappoint us n thats all, all those products just suck, i havent heard at least a 1 story of success??? where person would heal their persistent acne, only solely by using some product. either that product is just 1 piece of overall troublesome n complicated regimen by some chance (which in case it might not even contribute to any improvment anyhow anywayz), either persons acne was mild n little anywayz, so fuk all that stuff, im not spending cash on no useless crap anymore unless there would be real shit like u could apply it n at maximum after week acne is gone for like forevaaar n completely then yea but since all there is now available is just some stupid poop in bottle then bleh! i sometimes just feel real urge to fuking demolish all those useless acne product shells :mad:

Yep. I used to do it way more often. It's a phase I think until you find something that works for you. What have you tried so far? Prescription and non.

Yeah you're right, when I was clear I always just went in and bought my purpose and was out the door but since this relentless breakout started about a week ago I find myself searchingfor a "cure" again even though my regimine now keeps me mostly clear. I take 100mg of Spiro at night and use my Evoclin foam during the day and alternate my Retin A micro when I feel like my skin can handle it. I just do not know where this breakout came from;/

I wasted so much money on acne, from creams to vitamins that were supposed to help etc.. I found that NOTHING really works for acne.. there is NO CURE that you will find at any pharmacy, no miracle drug, NO REMEDY that you have over looked or stumbled upon from a website etc.. So just understand this before you start wasting money on acne products..

Perscription antibiotics and accutane from a doctor are the closest things to acne cures out there and nothing comes closer. I will say they are closest things to cures, but not actual cures, because they dont have the same results for everybody.

Now im not knocking acne products in the store, some really do HELP with acne, in terms of eliminating pimples and blemishes quicker, and helping to reduce the severity of your breakouts, but their is no product that will completely clear your skin or completely prevent breakouts. Acne is something that is best treated over time, and will eventually go away with time..

Im not trying to be so blunt, just telling you this before you waste a ton of money on a bunch of shit that wont work. I made this mistake back then.

Edited by thEneXtChaPter

I have grown to be a fond of cheking skin care stuff whenever I get chance no matter where or with whom I am. I am so much skinoholic now (if the word exists haha)

i hate to admit it but i like this too, its so stressful sometimes. im ALWAYS going to the bathroom when i get a chance. just to make sure my skin is "ok" or not getting worse thru out the day or whatever.

Yep. I used to do it way more often. It's a phase I think until you find something that works for you. What have you tried so far? Prescription and non.

Yeah you're right, when I was clear I always just went in and bought my purpose and was out the door but since this relentless breakout started about a week ago I find myself searchingfor a "cure" again even though my regimine now keeps me mostly clear. I take 100mg of Spiro at night and use my Evoclin foam during the day and alternate my Retin A micro when I feel like my skin can handle it. I just do not know where this breakout came from;/

Hmmm. Sometimes I get breakouts for no reasons too. It could be enviromental, stress, hormones. Try (and I know it's really tough) to ignore it and leave it alone. The more new things you pile up the worse it's probably going to get. Try and limit yourself to a soothing spot treatment or something. That's what I've trained myself to do and your skin will look so much better in the long run. It's hard not to want to find a cure though. :( Hopefully it dies down soon!

yah ikno all that shit is totally luring us into buying them but in the end its only to disappoint us n thats all, all those products just suck, i havent heard at least a 1 story of success??? where person would heal their persistent acne, only solely by using some product. either that product is just 1 piece of overall troublesome n complicated regimen by some chance (which in case it might not even contribute to any improvment anyhow anywayz), either persons acne was mild n little anywayz, so fuk all that stuff, im not spending cash on no useless crap anymore unless there would be real shit like u could apply it n at maximum after week acne is gone for like forevaaar n completely then yea but since all there is now available is just some stupid poop in bottle then bleh! i sometimes just feel real urge to fuking demolish all those useless acne product shells :mad:

Whoa, definitely some strong feelings about it. But I agree with you - alot of these products , except for Accutane, are designed so that they to work with some people but not with many others. That's why even with legitimate positive reviews from actual people (i.e. friends, family, etc.), the products may not work for YOUR skin. Likewise, most of them have the same active ingredients, so why pay more for less? It's all about marketing for them. :rolleyes:

Edited by Telomere

I have grown to be a fond of cheking skin care stuff whenever I get chance no matter where or with whom I am. I am so much skinoholic now (if the word exists haha)

^Me too :D. I now think it's fun to do this skin-research and testing ;)

Oh, definitely. Before starting Accutane, I tried everything I could get my hands on. Every drugstore product known to man, and a lot of the higher-end "miracle cures" that worked just as well as the drugstore products (that is, not at all). I don't even want to think about how much money I've wasted trying different products. You see all these testimonials and think "well, maybe that's the one thing that works for me!" and it never is. :doh:

i hate to admit it but i like this too, its so stressful sometimes. im ALWAYS going to the bathroom when i get a chance. just to make sure my skin is "ok" or not getting worse thru out the day or whatever.

Hahahah I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one! Luckily I didn't buy anything, I figured I'd just get my "fix" at my derms office on Friday because she's very generous with the samples :dance: