Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mboona

seafood breakouts

When people are allergic or sensitive to certain seafoods like shrimp, do they usually breakout in hives all over? I keep getting random one or two cyst like breakouts despite being on the regime, differin, etc etc. Some weeks I'm clear. I do consume seafood a few times a week, especially shrimp, squid or tuna. Could they be triggering my breakouts?

histamine or iodine, pick your poison.

Im more inclined to believe that its the histamine though.

Edited by DeAntonio

but if i was allergic to seafoods, then how come i dont break out all over but only one or two pimples at a time? is that a sign of allergic reaction? I will try to cut out all seafoods from my diet (cutting dairy didn't seem to work at all).

but if i was allergic to seafoods, then how come i dont break out all over but only one or two pimples at a time? is that a sign of allergic reaction? I will try to cut out all seafoods from my diet (cutting dairy didn't seem to work at all).

dairy is not an issue for everyone, if you dont see a difference with/without it then get back on it if you want. Personally I dont do well with milk but I can drink a quart of heavy cream in a day with no ill effects on my acne.

It may not be seafood at all, the best way to test would be to isolate it. Consume it and monitor results, avoid for a week/two and monitor results.

Everyone is different so trial and error is clutch in developing an acne regimen for yourself

It's not that easy to isolate it because in the past I've eaten a ton of seafood and didn't break out.

So my question is if a pimple appears so red and so suddenly like that then it has to be some allergic reactions, because most pimples sstart out as a small lump on my skin and it takes days to grow larger/red. not virtually over night..