Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JoshuasMission

Joshua's Mission Regimine

*pictures will be posted soon

*It's good to note that before this I used proactiv, and am now off of that to begin this regimen

Introduction:

My name is Joshua, and I have some moderate acne. I have had blackheads on my nose since god knows when, I get some white heads, and small clear bumps on my T zone.

I have read many, many pages of information about 'acne cures' and things like, and have begun to think and develop my own regimen. It goes like this:

Morning:

Shave using ordinary shaving cream, the kind that comes in that silly red can, and a Hydro 5 razor.

Shower off

Use home made toner

Use Burts Bees Acne Solutions Willow Bark Moisturizer

Night:

Wash face off with oatmeal

Use home made toner

Use Burts Bees Acne Solutions Willow Bark Moisturizer

Q/A

Washing your face with oatmeal?

First, I wet my face with some luke-warm water. Then, I take about a palm full of 1 minute oatmeal (Quaker oats), just the plain kind with nothing added, and put a palm full of water to mix with it, then apply to my face and rub in counterclockwise motions for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then wash my face off, I would do this in a kitchen sink to avoid clogging the sink. The idea behind this, is that the oatmeal will absorb whatever extra oil is on your face, while at the same time lightly exfoliating and cleaning any dirt that is on your face.

if you feel a sharpness on your face, you aren't using enough water or your face wasn't wet before you began.

home made toner?

Buy a travel size shampoo bottle(empty) from walmart, target, ect for around $1. Fill it about 1/10th full with white vinegar, then mark that line with a sharpie (to keep consistent results when you refill it), and then the rest with water. Simple, but effective.

Burts bees?

A link to the product description, ingredients, and pricing can be found on the Burts Bee's website, Just do a google search. I chose to use this product because most of the ingredients are wonderful on the skin, and spare me having to add them in. It runs be about $15 at walmart, and using two squirts each time will make it last about a 1 1/2- 2 full months.

Edited by JoshuasMission