Find results in...
forest58

What fruit are best for acne?

Hi, I want to include more fruit in my diet, I already eat lots of vegetables:

Carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, carrots, onions, broccoli, tomatoes, avocados

also eat ginger and turmeric

all this seems to help my skin.

the only fruit I eat now is apples, pears and lemons

I wanted to include more fruit, especially ones with antioxidants.

I was wondering about berries, I can get organic strawberries at the local organic market

but I read that strawberries have hignh iodine content so I don't know if I should,

are there other berries you recommend me to include?

all the fruits and veggies I eat are organic, but the only berries I can get organic are strawberries.

also if someone has a source where I can see iodine content of foods with numbers and everything it'll be great

I would love to get some suggestions, thx in advance

Berries are the best, but yeah, they can be expensive or hard to get your hands on sometimes. Strawberries are important to get organic... but I mean.... if you want to eat berries and they aren't organic, it's probably not the end of the world.

Other than that, whatever is seasonal and local is going to be best.

I have a hard time with this... I want to eat fruit in the winter for my smoothies, but all the fruit is from so far away, and just somehow seems unnatural. I don't know if it's actually helping or not!

should you wash or rinse frozen organic blueberries?

and i thought that stone fruit like kiwi should be organic, no?

Edited by Sito

should you wash or rinse frozen organic blueberries?

and i thought that stone fruit like kiwi should be organic, no?

Stone fruit should be organic, but Kiwi have nothing to do with stone fruit. Stone fruit are the things with 'stones' in them. Big pits. Like peaches, plums, cherries, nectarines... Kiwi have tiny edible seeds and they were cultivated from gooseberries.

what's the deal with ORANGES>>> citrus fruit correct?

so they might be a problem as they can cause acne for some people and what else??? high in sugar?, not good for smoothies?

anyone care to share their experience with Oranges in relation to their acne?

I've heard of people with cysts cutting out citrus and they stop getting cysts. Citrus has no effect on me however.

Sito you should incorporate greens! you have no dark leafy greens! Spinach, chard, bok choi, kale, spring mix, lettuce, something. Try making green smoothies...they are soo yummy and you can cram in tons of veggies/fruits.

I've heard of people with cysts cutting out citrus and they stop getting cysts. Citrus has no effect on me however.

Sito you should incorporate greens! you have no dark leafy greens! Spinach, chard, bok choi, kale, spring mix, lettuce, something. Try making green smoothies...they are soo yummy and you can cram in tons of veggies/fruits.

What do you put in your green smoothie? My green smoothies are consistently disgusting; they're usually about 42+ oz. and they have hemp, spinach, peanut butter, whole wheat bread, orange juice, ground flax seed, wheat germ, raw eggs, ice cream, frozen strawberries, kale, broccoli and olive oil. They're pretty awful, but I was instructed to make them that way.

Oranges are a good fruit however its a citrus fruit which is a pretty common allergen. So if your not sensitive/allergic to it its fine. But its hard to know...

Berries and kiwi are low GI and among the most nutrient dense. And kiwis do not need to be organic.
Edited by joris