Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dnttreadonme900

Weird Cyst Situation

-2 weeks ago, 4 pimples popped up in a cluster on my cheek. 2 Came to a head, popped in shower and I put Benzoyl Peroxide on it. Next day All 4 of those pimples merged together and formed a huge quarter size cyst.

-Last week, That cyst slowly went down completely. A pimple popped up below it, formed a head. I didn't squeeze it at all, but the head disappeared and it turned into a cyst. Wonderful.

-That was finally going down Last friday, then a small pimple erupted into a full fledge painful cyst out of nowhere above the healing cyst and where the first cyst appeared.

-Sunday, after hot compress after hot compress this newly inflamed cyst exploded. Pus and blood came out. Never seen that much in my life! I put neosporin on it and a bandaid, went to bed.

-Today, that exploded cyst is completely gone. Underneath that is a tender bump from that previous pimple turned cyst from last week. Not really noticeable, but still there. I hope it doesn't get bigger.

This was weird as I have a pretty clear face normally, haven't gotten a cyst in years. but 3 big ones in a row is outrageous. I wonder what caused it. I'm going to the derm next month.

I just don't understand why everytime the one cyst goes down, the next day a new one pops up right next to it! I'm not squeezing or touching!

This new one is oblong shaped, it's so weird! And it hurts!

What's your regimine? Are you on anything that affects hormones?

Morning:

Apricot Scrub

MyChelle Clear Skin Serum

75mg Doxy

Night:

2% Salicylic Acid Cleanser

Tretinoin .025%

75mg Doxy

I know, I know, everyone says not to use The apricot scrub and how it's too harsh on your skin. I've never experienced any problems with it and in fact I've been using it for years with no problems. This specific regimen I've been using since September and have been clear up until 3 weeks ago with the cysts.

I have one cyst left that looks to be shrinking (crosses fingers). Everywhere else is clear. I'm planning to go on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo next month, if that makes any difference.

Ugh I can totally feel your pain. I was clear for a few years and have recently been getting cysts too. I dont know why because nothing has changed for me. I got a cyst in december and then 2 more in January. What is strange is the one cyst I had injected twice decided to come back again. Grr I am so sick of this crap. I never in my life had an injected cyst come back once let alone twice. I am having IPL done today which usually helps clear any active acne on my face so I hope that works but if not I got a derm appointment for Monday. I just wish the appointment was tomorrow because we are meeting friends on Saturday and I dont want to be seen with this thing. Grr I hate cysts, hate them!!! I have been on 100mg twice a day of doxy and I was hoping I wouldnt get anymore with being on these stupid antibiotics.

I hope your cyst goes away soon. The birth control pills should help. How long have you been on the doxy?

Ugh I can totally feel your pain. I was clear for a few years and have recently been getting cysts too. I dont know why because nothing has changed for me. I got a cyst in december and then 2 more in January. What is strange is the one cyst I had injected twice decided to come back again. Grr I am so sick of this crap. I never in my life had an injected cyst come back once let alone twice. I am having IPL done today which usually helps clear any active acne on my face so I hope that works but if not I got a derm appointment for Monday. I just wish the appointment was tomorrow because we are meeting friends on Saturday and I dont want to be seen with this thing. Grr I hate cysts, hate them!!! I have been on 100mg twice a day of doxy and I was hoping I wouldnt get anymore with being on these stupid antibiotics.

I hope your cyst goes away soon. The birth control pills should help. How long have you been on the doxy?

I've been on Doxy since Aug because I was breaking out a little, nothing major. Just minor. I was on Accutane 2 years ago. I don't want to ever go on that again. I'm going to the derm Monday now. I wanna go on Bactrim. It's the only other medicine I've never been on. I also scheduled a consultation for a laser treatment I heard about that has the same effects as Accutane, just not the bad side effects. Accutane, although it worked for 2 years at least, made my cholesterol almost triple and it gave me intestinal problems. So I don't want to go on it again. I'd still recommend it to first time users however, it has made my face manageable to say the least.

I've been on Doxy since Aug because I was breaking out a little, nothing major. Just minor. I was on Accutane 2 years ago. I don't want to ever go on that again. I'm going to the derm Monday now. I wanna go on Bactrim. It's the only other medicine I've never been on. I also scheduled a consultation for a laser treatment I heard about that has the same effects as Accutane, just not the bad side effects. Accutane, although it worked for 2 years at least, made my cholesterol almost triple and it gave me intestinal problems. So I don't want to go on it again. I'd still recommend it to first time users however, it has made my face manageable to say the least.

yeah if you have been on doxy that long and still arent clear then i would switch. i tried bactrim a few years ago and after 2 weeks i had a really bad allergic reaction and had to take steroids for 5 days. just be careful if you take it because alot of people end up being allergic to sulfa drugs. yeah i heard those laser treatments work pretty well. which one were you thinking of? i know for me the ipl works pretty darn good but i can only get them once every 3 weeks. my acne isnt that bad or anything its just when i do breakout its always cysts which is frustrating. i was thinking of seeing about a low dose of accutane though to see if i can get rid of these cysts once and for all. its been over 14 years and enough is enough!!

Edited by Karen Howz