Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi! I have wondered about this for a couple of months now. I am a sensitive emotional person that has been bullied for my acne. This caused a lot of stress and defencemechanisms inside of me. How much does genetics and hormones effect our acne or is it the stress?

I would say it's mostly genetics and stress does factor in there but it's not as conclusive as say genetics. Some people are always stressed and working in grimy/dirty conditions and some people only splash on water and rub their faces like crazy, yet never break out. Other people like myself and many others on here spend way too much time on our faces yet we still get the occasional breakouts. In my case, I have my mother's side of the family to thank for that. Heck.. my mother is in her 50s and she still gets breakouts... and it was really worst during her mid 20s she claims.. I'm in my early 20s and have been suffering from acne since the 7th grade!! I've used a bunch of prescription and still do yet I still can't escape from one or two pimples. My acne is not that severe, I only get one or two pimples at a time but they can be extremely deep and huge. My biggest one was at least the size of a quarter!!

hi pretty face... dont let the haters get u down! stick and stones and all that.. im wondering how old are u ? maybe u will outgrow it or if it's really bothering u , go see a dermatologist about this. ive also been constantly told how pretty i would be without my acne so see it as a motivation to get healthy and get ur skin clear! i too suffer from pretty low self esteem and i can tell u that im pretty sure that all that unncessary stress & worry i put myself thru because of how crap i felt aobut myself definitely made my acne worse!

my dad had pretty bad acne too so i know im prone to acne because of that. it just means i have to be extra extra healthy so any dysfunction in my body doesnt make me break out (only reason some ppl can eat crap and not break out is because genetically they arent prone to acne and wont breakuot no matter what)...so try to eat as healthy as u can, get regular exercise, dont stress, take medications (if u decide to see a doctor) and soon enough u WILL have clear skin and u WILL be gorgeous and all those haters (who im sure are just jealous) will have to eat their words!

Your post makes me sooo sad! I hate meanies. I have been bullied all my life about my acne too, by family members and even people at church! I'm almost 40 now and have finally realized if you (or I) had perfect skin those people would bully us about something else because they are bad people and that is what they do. Bullies find something to be mean about, jealous people will find something to be jealous of, critical people will find something to criticize and nice people will find a way to be kind. It's about their character and has nothing to do with you in actuality, you are just walking on by....and they show their character by the way they treat you! Cheer up I am sure you have many blessings in your life. I am thankful to not be in a wheel chair, to have a great car, to have nice clothes etc. Focus on your blessings! :)