Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skinandhair

If you have bumps that seem like pimples that won't go away, try Head and Shoulders shampoo!

I added this to the end of a previous post, but thought it needed it's own post:

if you have that fungus or whatever it is that causes bumps and pimples that never really come to a head, try taking regular Head & Shoulders shampoo and smearing a thin layer over the area. Just basic H&S like this:

You should see a BIG difference overnight (I let the very thin layer stay there all night, but some people might want to start with an hour and then wash it off if it's too drying). I battled what I THOUGHT was a case of horrible bacne for months until it occurred to me that the breakouts were only on my back. I started thinking, "hmm, what is my back touching that the rest of my skin isn't?) I think it was my Paul Mitchell Conditioner runnning down my back in the shower. I always scrub my back/shoulders/chest as the last step before getting out of the shower because I thought it would keep a problem like that from happening, but I guess the cleanser I was using wasn't getting rid of the conditioner. Applied the H&S (probably read about it on these message boards!) and saw a HUGE reduction in pimples/bumps overnight. Apparently it's the zinc and sulfur that's killing the fungus.

Hope this helps someone :)

I added this to the end of a previous post, but thought it needed it's own post:

if you have that fungus or whatever it is that causes bumps and pimples that never really come to a head, try taking regular Head & Shoulders shampoo and smearing a thin layer over the area. Just basic H&S like this:

You should see a BIG difference overnight (I let the very thin layer stay there all night, but some people might want to start with an hour and then wash it off if it's too drying). I battled what I THOUGHT was a case of horrible bacne for months until it occurred to me that the breakouts were only on my back. I started thinking, "hmm, what is my back touching that the rest of my skin isn't?) I think it was my Paul Mitchell Conditioner runnning down my back in the shower. I always scrub my back/shoulders/chest as the last step before getting out of the shower because I thought it would keep a problem like that from happening, but I guess the cleanser I was using wasn't getting rid of the conditioner. Applied the H&S (probably read about it on these message boards!) and saw a HUGE reduction in pimples/bumps overnight. Apparently it's the zinc and sulfur that's killing the fungus.

WTF?

WTF?

okay...do you have an actual question beyond a snarky and worthless "WTF"?