Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wasteofpaint

Fantasize about growing a beard?

I am now 22 years old, going on 23 this coming july. Reading that age is almost unfathomable for me. When I think 23 years old, I think independent male with an internship, and friends he drinks with in downtown areas in big cities. But one thing I also associate with that age is the ability to grow a beard.

At this age I still can't grow one. And the thought of going through my 20s (and possibly even life) without ever being able to grow a full beard makes me cringe. I think nothing would put together my face better than a beard or a mustache and spend many days just counting off the days in the calendar, excruciatingly watching my biological clock tick away out of its prime, with still no beard. I can grow whispy hairs on the right jaw line and thicker hair on my sideburn area and bottom chin and upper lip, but its still really patchy and whispy.

I see my dad and all his brothers with thick facial hair in their twenties, from both my mom and dads side, so im wondering when it will be my turn.

Do you think acne, or laser procedures can stunt facial hair growth? 23 should be an age where one is very capable of growing a beard (especially of hispanic and russian decent)

Hi there,

haha I sure can relate to you. I hope I'm not discouraging you, when I say I'm 28 and my beard is still very patchy and thin and probably won't get any better. My brother and dad both have amazingly stubborn beard growth and basically need to shave two times a day. I don't know why genes skipped me, but maybe acne has something to do with it for sure. I have a feeling it messed with the hair follicles. Under my chin, where I never got any acne, I can actually grow a reasonably thick beard.

I can remember it getting a bit better from age 23 onwards though. You shouldn't give up hope just yet. Most of the (miserable excuse for a) beard that I grew, I grew from 23-28 I think.

But I'm afraid don't expect too much.

As far as I know there is no way to stimulate beardgrowth. Don't overshave!

And look at the upsides maybe: you don't have to shave all the time. Lots of beardy people have told me that shaving is an annoyance to them.

But I know. You'd rather have to shave twice daily than appearing to be stuck in adolescence forever right.

man me too, my dad and bro have good hair and bears.. but i'm hear with fucking loosing my hair and no beard, bad skin, scarsn fuck my life.

Some people just dont grow facial hair.. I have friends in their early 20's, and they can't grow any facial hair. And my older cousin who is 30 doesnt really grow much facial hair.. Facial hair is over rated trust me. dunno why but for some reason I just hate shaving!!!!! I have to shave every other day atleast, and I get real sloppy real fast when I dont shave. Its just an annoying nuissance. I gotta not only worry about getting my hair cut every other week, but I gotta shave 4-5 times a week. Its just annoying.

I cannot grow a beard considering i'm of the female variety, but good luck attempting to grow one! haha

I think there might be a correlation.

I never had any facial hair until my facial acne started clearing up.

Now I have very thick neck and moustache hair, which are the areas I don't break out in anymore, but thinner cheek facial area, which is where I still breakout.