Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SILVI

Differin & Benzoyl Peroxide

Hi,

So I was just prescribed Differin by my doctor and I'm pretty scared to use it because of the dreaded initial breakout. I have moderate acne and right now I'm using 5.0% Benzoyl Peroxide to try to control it. This has sort of been working but the problem is that I've used it for so long that my skin no longer reacts to it as well as it use to and now it does absolutely nothing to prevent breakouts and only makes my existing cysts less red. I was just wondering if anyone has tried using Differin in combination with Benzoyl Peroxide and if it helps the initial breakout in anyway.

My current regimen

AM:

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Acne Principles Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 5.0%

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

PM:

Same routine without moisturzing.

I'm thinking about continuing my current AM routine and in the PM trying the following

PM:

Differin Gel 0.1%

Is this a bad idea?

Any suggestions as to how I can prevent or at least lessen the initial breakout?

HELP? :confused:

bp should help kill the bacteria that would cause the initial breakouts. clindymycin solution would help as well. If you experience dryness, perhaps cut back to cleansing once a day and find a bp that is 2.5%. I would also moisturize after differin as well. goodluck

Hi,

So I was just prescribed Differin by my doctor and I'm pretty scared to use it because of the dreaded initial breakout. I have moderate acne and right now I'm using 5.0% Benzoyl Peroxide to try to control it. This has sort of been working but the problem is that I've used it for so long that my skin no longer reacts to it as well as it use to and now it does absolutely nothing to prevent breakouts and only makes my existing cysts less red. I was just wondering if anyone has tried using Differin in combination with Benzoyl Peroxide and if it helps the initial breakout in anyway.

My current regimen

AM:

Cetaphil Acne Principles Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 5.0%

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

PM:

Same routine without moisturzing.

I'm thinking about continuing my current AM routine and in the PM trying the following

PM:

Differin Gel 0.1%

Is this a bad idea?

Any suggestions as to how I can prevent or at least lessen the initial breakout?

HELP? :confused: