Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jch4078

Acne changed types? 1 month on regimen

Hello all, I started the regimen on jan 16. My skin seemed to adjust okay to the BP so I ramped up to the full dose fairly quickly. After the 10th day I was at the full dose. At week two my skin was noticeably cleared up but i did have some tightness and flakiness. Now at around week four I am having some break outs but there different then the ones I used to get. I used to get alot under the skin stuff like cysts or nodules or whatever that took a long time to come to a head. Now there smaller ones closer the surface that come to a head rather quickly and the bp seems to be killing them off within a day or so. Is this normal? Should I be discouraged by the set back? I plan to continue adhering to the regimen religiously for another two or three months to see where I am at then.

BP brings pretty much everything to a head a lot faster than usual, from the day i started to now, all the spots i've gotten were either pustules or whiteheads, and my -regular- acne was mostly nodules and under the skin stuff like yourself.

Its perfectly normal, don't feel discouraged at all! and the fact that it kills it off quickly is a great sign!

the same thing is happening to me, I started on Jan 7th and recently I get these little whiteheads that come n go. Hopefully, this is just a stage and I'll be 100% clear soon.

I started jan 1st, and i got a breakout earlier this week. it's clearing up real fast though. I'm hoping to be clear by april.

And dang, sounds like you're making great progress!