Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Crimsonman

My Dermatologists appt - Roaccutane + question

Guest Crimsonman

Hi guys,

Thought I would just let some of you know how things went this morning. Basically, the worst feeling walking into the dermatologist. Silly, I know. People stare at you while you wait patiently wondering whats going to happen.. anyway the derm, who is an old bloke, walks in shakes my hand and starts talking. After a minute of explaining everything to me and answering pretty much all of my questions about acne, he said he'd like to get me on roaccutane, explained it, gave me brochures to read on it and said he will let me know when the test results are in. Basically, I spent the whole week dreading the appointment for nothing.

So now, I have had my blood taken from my right arm ( which sucks cause it is unco now ) and I had to give them a urine sample aswell ( didn't know that ). And the doc will let me know when the test results are in and he will post my prescription off in the mail.

My doctor suggested 20mg once a day for the first week to try and avoid initial inflammatory, what are your thoughts on this? He also said that I shouldn't take any supplements with vitamen a in it, so it's best for me to not take my multivitamen or at least maybe find one without vitamen a ingredients! Anyway guys, just thought I'd share! ;) cheers for the help