Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eradorael

Spiro and missed periods

Hello all,

I've been on Spiro (100mg/day) for 8 months now, and I am very happy with the results. My skin is almost perfect now (except the scars), and I very rarely have small breakouts that heal quickly.

The problem is, I have completely missed my period 2 months in a row now. I am also on Yaz bcp so I am not sure if this is common in women on both medications. Its distressing b/c I do not want to be pregnant right now, and the only way to know for sure is by taking a pregnancy test.

So for everyone out there taking these meds... have you had this experience? Do you just lose your period after awhile?

Thanks!

Ero

Edited by Eradorael

Gotcha, are you on a bcp as well? I used to have a very light period but has diminished over time while being on Spiro.

I was hoping more people would respond. I know a lot of women take these meds on this forum, is my experience that unusual? I should probably see my doctor.

I've been on Spiro for 1 year and 3 months. My periods have been so erratic since being on this medicine, but I am also not on birth control. Sometimes, it takes 6-7 weeks for me to have a period, and sometimes, I get one within 2 weeks of my last. I know a different cycle is common with users of spiro. Have you ever had Parsley tea? It can induce a period. Maybe you should try that before you go to the doctors? Just buy some fresh parsley at your local supermarket, put it in some boiling water, and then drinking about 3-4 glasses of said tea. It worked for me the one time I tried it, when I was fearful of pregnancy.

I've been on Spiro for 1 year and 3 months. My periods have been so erratic since being on this medicine, but I am also not on birth control. Sometimes, it takes 6-7 weeks for me to have a period, and sometimes, I get one within 2 weeks of my last. I know a different cycle is common with users of spiro. Have you ever had Parsley tea? It can induce a period. Maybe you should try that before you go to the doctors? Just buy some fresh parsley at your local supermarket, put it in some boiling water, and then drinking about 3-4 glasses of said tea. It worked for me the one time I tried it, when I was fearful of pregnancy.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Nope, never tried parsley tea but I'll definitely try it... would be a great alternative to pregnancy tests :D. I took another test last week and I am not pregnant, so that is a relief. No period for at least 3 months now...starting to loose track. I also decided to go off of Yaz, just to see if I can get any spotting. Nothing so far and my period was supposed to come 2wks ago.

I'll post about the parsley tea if it helps :D