Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My regimen is in my sig, and although it's doing a good job of preventing new spots, I'm still looking to speed up the fading of old red marks. Does anyone have experience ingesting Vitamin C supplements to deal with red marks?

From anything I've read or experienced, ingesting Vitamin C isn't going to heal scars or restore skin tone. That's more of Vitamin E, but even that isn't going to do much. Naturally your skin will heal the red marks by itself, but the only way to speed up the process is applying topicals.

Vitamin E cream or oil has apparently worked for some people, but It can potentially break you out. My doctor also told me that Vitamins can not be absorbed through the skin, which is why all these body lotions and what not with vitamins in them are actually a scam (just what my doc said).

All In All, just give Apple Cider Vinegar or some whitening creams or gels a try and see what works for you. There has yet to be a product that works for everyone, but there are products that are working for some on red marks.