Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allex

what topicals to use with Derma Roller

Can anyone recommend what topicals to use with the dermaroller treatments? I ordered Dr Roller a year ago along with their topical products (Meso Cell Lift Up) but it ran out. There has been a lot of discussion which is difficult to follow. Can anyone recommend some affordable but effective topicals to use after the roller treatments?

I am gaining some confidence after 6-7 treatment. My left temple actually looks much smoother after the last treatment. It is more than 4 weeks after rolling and I am starting to believe it is something permanent instead of the bruising/swelling effect. It happened just when I am losing faith in its effectiveness. LEft temple used to be the worst part of my scarred skin. I have done dermabrasion and 3 sessions of fraxel which didn't give me anything visible ($2000 for EACH by the way), and now with a fraction of the cost and some patience as well as courage, I am finally see something, which is encouraging.

Someone also mention combing with LED lights will help tremendously, and I have decided to purchase as well. Anyone recommend topical creams/solutions to apply before/after each rolling?

Thanks!

Edited by allex

When you get to a point where you think it's permanent then cease with the topical treatments and dermal roller and report back to us in a couple months. I thought the same but, all in all, it reverted back to the way it was.

I wouldn't recommend Retin-A users to use dermal rollers as it can easily damage the skin. If you're going to use Retin-A anyways then I suggest using a very small thin amount...just putting that out there because I had cons from doing so.

It's great that you engaged with a particular brands/products. On the LED lights, if you've using a combination of things how would one know what actually works...could be anything from topical treatments, procedures, etc.

Hi guys!

i'm new here but i wanted to let you know what my experience with the dermaroller has been like. I was first told by a dermatologist about three years ago that either the dermaroller or fraxel would work best for the two surgical scars i have on my face. I had two dermaroller treatments then stopped treatment because i saw no results. A few months later i decided to try and treat myself at home with the dermaroller so i bought one on ebay and started rolling. I still didnt see any results so i stopped once again. About a week ago i decided to give it another try (this time with a topical treatment). I am sooooo happy to say that i finally have noticed a difference in my scarring. I would say it's about a 20% improvement with one treatment (mind you it was a very aggressive treatment). I bled a little but i really worked the scar with the roller. I definitely want more improvement so i'm going to continue on but i'm so shocked over the fact the it actually worked this time. The cream I used right after was the stretch mark cream called trilastin. I used the trilastin about a year ago for stretch marks but it didnt help at all but for some strange reason it worked great with the dermaroller for my scar. I'm not here to convince you of anything, i just wanted to let you know what worked for me. I was actually told just a couple of weeks ago by a plastic surgeon that nothing would ever help my scars and to just leave them alone. This is what inspired my third try with the dermaroller. We can't depend on these doctors! Alot of them couldn't care less about your scarring and how it affects your life. You have to take matters into your own hands and do the research to see what works for you. If you have any questions, just let me know. These message boards have done alot for me so i think its time for me to give back :) All the best!!

Sousou

When you get to a point where you think it's permanent then cease with the topical treatments and dermal roller and report back to us in a couple months. I thought the same but, all in all, it reverted back to the way it was.

I wouldn't recommend Retin-A users to use dermal rollers as it can easily damage the skin. If you're going to use Retin-A anyways then I suggest using a very small thin amount...just putting that out there because I had cons from doing so.

It's great that you engaged with a particular brands/products. On the LED lights, if you've using a combination of things how would one know what actually works...could be anything from topical treatments, procedures, etc.

If you do research on different topics such as LED lights, the topicals that you are using and the procedure itself, you would be able to come to a conclusion as to why it is that a combination of these things are working... I wouldnt recommend anyone buy or try anything just because they hear it works, instead do RESEARCH so you get an understanding of WHY it is that its working.. many users here have had very good experiences with retin-a but i myself wouldnt touch it because of its skin thinning properties , which is a risk i *personally* wouldnt want to take..

I recommend people do extensive research on anything they are considering of trying... do research on LED's and different topicals. Personally I use Terproline along with this vitamin a&c cream from divine beauty.. i tried super CP serum from skinbiology and I honestly feel as if it fudged my skin up bad.. although others have had good results from it.. just do your research

Hi guys!

i'm new here but i wanted to let you know what my experience with the dermaroller has been like. I was first told by a dermatologist about three years ago that either the dermaroller or fraxel would work best for the two surgical scars i have on my face. I had two dermaroller treatments then stopped treatment because i saw no results. A few months later i decided to try and treat myself at home with the dermaroller so i bought one on ebay and started rolling. I still didnt see any results so i stopped once again. About a week ago i decided to give it another try (this time with a topical treatment). I am sooooo happy to say that i finally have noticed a difference in my scarring. I would say it's about a 20% improvement with one treatment (mind you it was a very aggressive treatment). I bled a little but i really worked the scar with the roller. I definitely want more improvement so i'm going to continue on but i'm so shocked over the fact the it actually worked this time. The cream I used right after was the stretch mark cream called trilastin. I used the trilastin about a year ago for stretch marks but it didnt help at all but for some strange reason it worked great with the dermaroller for my scar. I'm not here to convince you of anything, i just wanted to let you know what worked for me. I was actually told just a couple of weeks ago by a plastic surgeon that nothing would ever help my scars and to just leave them alone. This is what inspired my third try with the dermaroller. We can't depend on these doctors! Alot of them couldn't care less about your scarring and how it affects your life. You have to take matters into your own hands and do the research to see what works for you. If you have any questions, just let me know. These message boards have done alot for me so i think its time for me to give back :) All the best!!

Sousou

sousou, since you say it has only been a week it is highly likely that the results you are seeing are from microswelling. It is hard to determine if there is any improvement until after you hit the 3 week mark post dermarolling

Let me rephrase and this is not just LED lights but yes I have done the research. My main point is that in order to know want works you have to let it do its job and factor out the rest. How is anyone going to find that any one thing actually works? Yes a combination can compliment itself but the LED lights can be used alone and to gauge if it yields results just like Retin-A.

Retin-A doesn't actually thins the skin like you think it removes the outer layer dead skin which is the epidermis... helps the skin to accelerate the skin renewel thus the exfoliation of dead skin. Stop use and your back to buildup of dead skin, etc.

Retin-A THICKENS the dermis level of skin by helping your own skin to increase collagen production. Retin-A is used a lot for its anti-aging properties because it gets rids of discoloration/wrinkle, sign of aging, and plumps up the skin. So RESEARCH that.

Everyone skin is different but I'll pass on the LED lights because I find it ridiculous...that's just my opinion.

If you do research on different topics such as LED lights, the topicals that you are using and the procedure itself, you would be able to come to a conclusion as to why it is that a combination of these things are working... I wouldnt recommend anyone buy or try anything just because they hear it works, instead do RESEARCH so you get an understanding of WHY it is that its working.. many users here have had very good experiences with retin-a but i myself wouldnt touch it because of its skin thinning properties , which is a risk i *personally* wouldnt want to take..

I recommend people do extensive research on anything they are considering of trying... do research on LED's and different topicals. Personally I use Terproline along with this vitamin a&c cream from divine beauty.. i tried super CP serum from skinbiology and I honestly feel as if it fudged my skin up bad.. although others have had good results from it.. just do your research

Edited by bambeano

Let me rephrase and this is not just LED lights but yes I have done the research. My main point is that in order to know want works you have to let it do its job and factor out the rest. How is anyone going to find that any one thing actually works? Yes a combination can compliment itself but the LED lights can be used alone and to gauge if it yields results just like Retin-A.

Retin-A doesn't actually thins the skin like you think it removes the outer layer dead skin... helps the skin to accelerate the skin renewel thus the exfoliation of dead skin. Stop use and your back to buildup of dead skin, etc.

Retin-A THICKENS the epidermal level of skin by helping your own skin to increase collagen production. Retin-A is used a lot for its anti-aging properties because it gets rids of discoloration/wrinkle, sign of aging, and plumps up the skin. So RESEARCH that.

Everyone skin is different but I'll pass on the LED lights because I find it ridiculous...that's just my opinion.

From my personal experience retina-a ruined my skin completely and thinned it out so much that I can not use ANY products now when I use to use benzyl peroxide and salicylic acid no problem. Now I have been using the LED light to rebuild my skin which has been helping but nothing can take back the damage retina-a caused.

Off that note has anyone else has good results with the Terproline? I just got a dermaroller and have used it twice.. I don't know what to think about it just yet.

Retin-A doesn't actually thins the skin like you think it removes the outer layer dead skin... helps the skin to accelerate the skin renewel thus the exfoliation of dead skin. Stop use and your back to buildup of dead skin, etc.

Retin-A THICKENS the epidermal level of skin by helping your own skin to increase collagen production. Retin-A is used a lot for its anti-aging properties because it gets rids of discoloration/wrinkle, sign of aging, and plumps up the skin. So RESEARCH that.

From my personal experience retina-a ruined my skin completely and thinned it out so much that I can not use ANY products now when I use to use benzyl peroxide and salicylic acid no problem. Now I have been using the LED light to rebuild my skin which has been helping but nothing can take back the damage retina-a caused.

Off that note has anyone else has good results with the Terproline? I just got a dermaroller and have used it twice.. I don't know what to think about it just yet.

Everyone skin is different but maybe you didn't buffer the usage of retin-A and/or using too strong of a strength. Retin-A is a very potent topical agent. Retin-A tends to make acne and skin worst before it gets better.

Also if you use too much Retin-A you will pose adverse effect and excess exfoliation thus the skin thinning but used the right way can thicken the dermis. The amount used should only be a flat dime size for the entire face. I would advise you to baby your skin and not use any harsh cleanser or regimen until your skin recovers.

Also if you use too much Retin-A you will pose adverse effect and excess exfoliation thus the skin thinning but used the right way can thicken the dermis. The amount used should only be a flat dime size for the entire face. I would advise you to baby your skin and not use any harsh cleanser or regimen until your skin recovers.

Yeah I guess I used it wrong or something. If I could take back anything I ever did to my skin it would be retina-a... Never had a pore or even a bad blemish before I used it.

Yeah I guess I used it wrong or something. If I could take back anything I ever did to my skin it would be retina-a... Never had a pore or even a bad blemish before I used it.

I know how you feel as I been there myself. I made the mistake of applying more thinking I will get faster and better results and that my skin is tough but man was I wrong...like you I used benzyl peroxide and salicylic acid would no problems...squeezed a zit.. no problem but you can't do that while on RA because it makes the skin so delicate and sensitive to sunlight. I popped a zit and left a blemish that seemed to last the longest. I had to temporary stop RA and now going back to it using it like twice a week or so. wish there were more warnings and precautions to prevent others with the misuses of retin-A.

I know how you feel as I been there myself. I made the mistake of applying more thinking I will get faster and better results and that my skin is tough but man was I wrong...like you I used benzyl peroxide and salicylic acid would no problems...squeezed a zit.. no problem but you can't do that while on RA because it makes the skin so delicate and sensitive to sunlight. I popped a zit and left a blemish that seemed to last the longest. I had to temporary stop RA and now going back to it using it like twice a week or so. wish there were more warnings and precautions to prevent others with the misuses of retin-A.

Yeah it really ruined my skin for life :( The doctor didnt even tell me to stay out of the light and I got broken capillaries all under my eyes and my skin just doesnt glow like it use to.. I use to have baby soft skin now it's rough and weird cause of the retina-a .. I HATE that stuff...