Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
golfballer

regimen log

im on botchla's regimen right now and this is my routine..

user posted image

had to clip the bottom of my proactiv bottle cause i started to run out =)

morning

wash face with bar soap.. get it wet

followed with clean & clear blackhead scrub (30 seconds) (salicylic acid)

then clean & clear continuous control (30 seconds) (benzoyl peroxide)

afternoon or any random time in the day when i think my face is getting oily

wash face with bar soap

evening before bed

wash face with bar soap

clean & clear blackhead scrub

clean & clear continous control

proactiv bp on face

then clearasil acne fighting facial moisturizer (2% saliclic acid) on my neck [i found this really moisturizes the dryness on my neck]

you can view progress pictures in my photo album that i've been taking since 8/4

Have you tried prescription medications? Topicals that the dermatologist give (like Benzyclin) can work WONDERS, and oral antibiotics (like Tetracyclin, Minocyclin, etc) have cleared up even the most stubborn acne...

I would really recommend seeing a derm instead of trying your own home remedies (or, in this case, other peoples home remedies bb_wink.gif ) I strongly believe that a *Doctor* specifically trained to deal with *SKIN* problems is a much better bet than trying to clear yourself up.

In any case, good luck with your current regimine!!! I hope it works for you!

yeah i have to find some time to actually visit a doctor..

i've gone to a derm once my whole life and he gave me tarzoac and it dried up my skin like crazy so i was kinda hesitant to go back, but that was 2-3 years ago.

im probably gonna give this regimen 1-2 weeks to kick in then see a derm.

ok heres what happened

this is day 10 on this regimen for me.. ive been doing the same routine every morning/night

but last night i had to be out all night and camp out for some jordans cool.gif around 3-4 i could really feel that my face was getting really oily and i tried to wipe some off with my shirt (clean areas) and when i got home around 8 i saw that alot of my acne/pimples/whatever really exploded, out of fustration i sorta picked on them i dont know what's gonna happen now. i think ill put some neosporin on those spot areas that really gotten to be a pain in the ass.

ill post update pictures in my album tommorow, dont really feel/look my best as far as my acne journey-wise right now so hopefully some miracles can happen tonight.

ive been on blotchla's regimine for about 3 weeks and it seems to really have just started working now

and remember blotcha's big advice was to NOT PICK!

i think this is really good advice, cause i picked alittle at week two and my face got kinda bad, but now its fine

anyways, good luck bb_icon_exclaim.gif

i lost count of how many days its been but im not seeing any improvements..

through my eyes when i look in the mirror it looks alright.. (maybe its because eye-to-eye view of my face is clear) but when i take the pictures (which are full side shots) it eats up my confidence.

so i've noticed (you can see too) that the neck-jaw area of my face is really exploding.. looks like the regimen dosnt do much for me.

also i'd like to add that i ran out of proactiv bp, im planning on ordering bp gel but for now im using oxy 10% bp cream. when i look in the mirror it looks like its fading out the red marks.

what do you guys recomend for me? i can bear the scars just the big redmarks drive me crazy and school is comming up i really need to see a derm.

I say you try Dan's BP because I know Proactiv's is completely different in ingredients, absorbancy, and effectiveness. Also, DO NOT PICK, it took me 3 weeks (on my 5th now) to accustom myself to it and now, the clearing goes even faster. Proactiv used to work for me but now no longer does.

day 20

ive been doing the same regimen

morning:

1. wash out oil on face with soap

2. wash with c&c blackhead scrub (sa)

3. wash with c&c continuous control (bp)

evening:

same thing but apply oxy 10% bp cream overnight.

one thing i did change is from morning to afternoon i applied the oxy 10% bp cream. then when i feel oily again i wash it off and reapply.

i definitly see improvement i think it was because of the change in bp, from proactiv 2.5%bp to the oxy 10%bp. i didnt notice any irratation or dryness from switching.

one thing i know is the redmarks on my face will not go away from my routine so i need to do something that will fade the redmarks/scarring on my jaw-cheekbone areas.

before - left side

user posted image

after - left side

user posted image

before - right side

user posted image

after - right side

user posted image

these redmarks need to go!! so aggrivating. so basicly im staying on this regimen to keep future breakouts to happen but i plan on ordering/using dans bp gel because this oxy bp cream smells horrible and leavs whitemarks on your face.

anyone know how i can get rid of the redmarks? i can bear the scars for now..