Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OnTheSpot

Nearly Two Weeks into accutane course

Started accutane nearly two weeks ago. More whiteheads on my face than usual, just when one seems to go another pops up (about 3 at one time) Although they do seem to clear quicker, however the red marks they leave behind are frustrating.

Been using nothing on my chin and below my lower lip as the skin is recovering from wart removal, and the skin seems to be nice, the acne scars disappearing. I moisturise my upper lip with Cetaphil but this seems to make it more red. Not sure whether to persist with the moisturiser as maybe it is causing the redness?

Sadly I am getting red spots on my neck and cheeks which I never had before (just primarly chin and upper lip)

Overall the only side effects are the dry skin and lips (as well as the increased skin redness) but I went straight onto the 60mg. Hopefully the whiteheads are just part of the IB and will clear in a week or so.

Fingers crossed, and best of luck to all others on accutane :surprised:

I am on the exact same boat as you are man. Almost 4 weeks into my treatment and I have no whiteheads on my face for the first time in 2 years, although my upper lip is very red and extremely dry to the point of flaking because I use too much moisturizer (i also use cetaphil), do not continue using any facial creams to be honest. I was washing my face with aloe gel, cetaphil moisturizer and dove antibacterial soap and my entire face is so dry that it is flaking. I'd say go out and get spectro jel and only use that on your face for the rest of your accutane treatment, seeing how it is not irritant to most people's skin.