Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
matt f

Should I use a Face Wash

I've used water for quite a while now and I've been wondering whether to use a face wash or not. My acne is pretty mild (mostly whiteheads). I might buy the Nivea sensitive face wash today from Superdrug.

:cool:

Hiya

I recently been trying the 'Simple Spotless Skin' facial wash and Ive found it to be really good, makes my skin feel really smooth.

I'd give that one a go

xx

get something very gentle without any salysitic acid or benezoyl peroxide if your acne is mild enough where you've been ok with soap you should avoid that stuff because it might irritate your skin and make it worse, a really gentle cleanser will probably clear up what you've got

Ok, I bought the Nivea sensitive wash. I was disappointed to read that it contains SLS but I'll try it anyways. It has no fragrance at all (just sniffed it :redface:). I'll try it and see how I go.

I use the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and love it. Salicylic washes were drying out my skin and irritating it even more. I currently use the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, followed with clindamycin and BP and night and clindamycin and tretinoin in the morning. I moisturize with emu oil at night and an emu oil based lotion in the mornings. My skin is 99% clear.

Edited by CAPS8

hey matt :) i'd look around for a non-comedogenic (make sure the label says so) cleanser so your pores don't get all clogged up. the nivea sensitive facewash for men has sodium laureth sulfate which is a 3 (comedogenic) and 2 (irritant). i recommend dan's cleanser, spectro jel or cetaphil :) they are all pretty affordable!