Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kyogre

Oily face andoverwashing face questions

Hey guys,

So I've recently started an acne regime where i cleanser, tone and moisturize.

I also perform a facial steam twice a week.

I have moderately oily skin, where my forehead starts looking greasy (when i dab it with my finger, you can see the oil on it), and I recently read that overwashing your face is a trigger to even oilier skin.

Now, I'm sticking to washing my face twice a day (one after a shower in the morning, and once before i sleep), and I'm wondering if this will eventually clear my skin of the excess oil, with of course the moisturizer being used twice a day (contains SPF 15). So will my skin eventually clear of excess oil if i continue to follow this regimen?

Another one of my questions is how i should control greasy skin throughout the day without having to resort to washing it. Could tissues do the trick?

Or should i use a damp towel to wipe my face??

Help appreciated :D

I really doubt your face will regulate over time, some people are just born with oily skin, but maybe it will, you never know.

And tissues work great for blotting, or if you're in a hurry you can just wipe your face down with a soft towel, works well for me.

Also this might be on the wrong board.

Hey guys,

So I've recently started an acne regime where i cleanser, tone and moisturize.

I also perform a facial steam twice a week.

I have moderately oily skin, where my forehead starts looking greasy (when i dab it with my finger, you can see the oil on it), and I recently read that overwashing your face is a trigger to even oilier skin.

Now, I'm sticking to washing my face twice a day (one after a shower in the morning, and once before i sleep), and I'm wondering if this will eventually clear my skin of the excess oil, with of course the moisturizer being used twice a day (contains SPF 15). So will my skin eventually clear of excess oil if i continue to follow this regimen?

Another one of my questions is how i should control greasy skin throughout the day without having to resort to washing it. Could tissues do the trick?

Or should i use a damp towel to wipe my face??

Help appreciated :D

Thanks!

I'm kinda new to this website, so i'm not sure what goes where.