Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ahmad89

So i ordered the regimen to give it a try

Hello everyone, i have tried many things to get rid of my acne and some things have helped, like BP and keeping my face clean but once i ran out and was unable to get some more i broke out again. I have tried Proactive and that helped but once i ran out my breakouts were worse. After all of the products i have tried i just gave up and just kept my face clean by washing it twice or three times a day and moisturizing it with vitamin E oil every now and then and it's been keeping it under control for the most part.

Anyway, my question is how long are we supposed to wait after we apply BP to apply the moisturizer? Do we wait for it to dry or wait for a certain period so the BP can sink into the skin?

I will take before pics and after pics when i see some improvement, i don't think my skin will turn very red or get very dry when i use the BP since i have used a lot of BP and sometimes i have used a large amount for weeks. However, i will see how it reacts, also would it be better if i did the regimen after school or do it when i wake up in the morning? I wake up for school around 6am and come home at 3pm two days out of the week, i was thinking of starting the regimen on those two days after school since i don't have to worry about rain ruining all that work in the morning.

I'm new to the Regimen, but I wait 15 minutes between washing and BP and BP and moisturizer. I'm having very little redness or drying, so I think it's working. Again, I'm just starting, but I think you should put BP on before school, so it has more time to sit there before you wash and start over again. That also could spread your washing out to about 12 hours apart, as is recommended (I think).

It'll depend a lot on what kind of skin you have. From what I've read (and my personal experience), Addie's post is not a typical reaction to starting the Regimen... although lucky you for not having flakes or redness to deal with :) Most people have a lot of dryness, redness, and even flakes on their face for several months until your skin, basically, is altered to adapt to the frequent application of BP.

I've been on the Regimen for about 3 years, and I do it every morning and every night, twice a day. I try to keep the applications around 9-15 hours apart. Ideally, you would want to do it every 12 hours, I suppose, but that's pretty hard to keep track of (not to mention unnecessary). I'd recommend doing it before you go to school. If you wait until you get back and apply it at 4:00 or so, your second application shouldn't be any earlier than 12:00 or 1:00 am... and I'm sure you'll be in bed before then since you get up at 6. It sucks, but it would be best to apply it before school and then again later that evening/night.

I've had days where I would go to bed at 1 or 2 am, then have to wake up at 6 or 7, and I still applied it both before going to bed and when I woke up. I wouldn't necessarily recommend that, and occasionally (VERY occasionally) skipping an application isn't the end of the world, but waking up an hour earlier is better than having acne.

Edited by jamesgarney

well i only have school on Tuesdays and Thursdays so when i get home i usually stay up until 2am or so. So my schedule for having BP on won't be affected other than the time i apply it.

So after we put on BP we wait about 15 minutes and put on the moisturizer over it correct? The only time we wash everything off is when we use the cleanser in the morning.

Edited by ahmad89

Well i got my supply and today i will shave, take pictures, and start then come back when i start to see results.

Well yesterday i was short on time so i was only able to put on BP and that was a mistake because my face was burning and it was red and i had a banquette to go lol. I used some AHA lotion i have since my skin has been very dry and flaky so that helped. So far my acne has been more subdued than usual it is starting to clear up and reduce the current pimples very well but i fear after it clears up i will have to deal with acne scars, however, i would rather deal with that than acne. I will post some before and after pics tomorrow, i am beginning to have high hopes for this regimen just wish it was not nearly $40 but i have spent well more than that on other regimens so it makes it worth it to actually see results.

I do not find it difficult to follow this regimen since you put it on twice a day and leave it on for 12 hrs but sleeping with it on gets a bit annoying when you are more comfortable sleeping on your side or stomach but i have been managing.

Edited by ahmad89

Towels are gods gift to regimen users.

Want to sleep on your side? put a towel on your pillow!

Have unbareable itchiness at night from the regimen? put a towel on your pillow!

Hate going to bed with oily skin from the moisturizer? A towel will fix that.

It shouldn't cause excess irritation unless you have a tendency to rub your face vigorously on things in your sleep, and if you do... well, I can't help you there.

Anyway, good luck with the regimen! and have a wonderful day :D

I am been keeping at it and still seeing an improvement, gradually getting clearer and so far 2 pimples came up. I also got over the dry and flaky phase in the mornings after i just use the cleanser and the wait before putting BP my skin gets dry and tight, however, when i am going out i don't have to put on moisturizer anymore because my skin does not get so dry it gets flaky it just feels a bit tight.