Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexAlmighty

I diagnosed myself with BDD :(

Well today i noticed that i went to the mirror 3 times every 10 minutes or so tongue.gif.And i remembered that thread about BDD,i searched around and it seems its some serious disorder or something and i need a psychiatrist (not psychologist note) tongue.gif.Anyone with similar experiences?

Whats BDD? is it body dismorphia...? if it is i also think i have it. Sometimes i just stand staring at myself for ages until sometimes my face becomes a blur. But then again sometimes mirrors our my mortal enemies and i dont go near one.

i used to be like that

every mirror i went passed no matter where i was i used to have a long hard look and then walk away and then go back.

Haha when i stop seeing a mirror i start seeing my reflection in glass objects or knifes or some shiney books tongue.gif.But im commited to stop it for good.I have already quit drinking,smoking,masturbating,eating(alot) how hard can this be.. tongue.gif man my mind is very obsession prone tongue.gif

lol i know what u mean about knifes and glass objects,

i find myself looking at myself on our kettle and when i am wating for my tea, i look at myself in the knife n fork,,

hahahahahah

i actually have a small mirror i carry around in my purse at all times...first it was to be used for lip gloss check ins...but now, it's used to peruse my face lots and lots and lots...but i find that if i only see a small area at a time, it's not as depressing....weird but true

pasha

I definitely have BDD hard core...i had it befor I ever had noticeable acne..i think if i hadn't then my skin would look amazing now but docs wreaked havoc on my good skin. anyway, I truly beleive my scars and skin look pretty bad I know it's not severe...I don't even have acne anywmore except for three tiny tiny surfacepimples and some blackheads but I'm upset about old scars and I can spens literally well over five hours just looking in the mirror. my mom tells me my scars are not that noticeable but i just assume she's lyingt. And some acting teacher told me I shouldn't be afarid to use my looks and no door would be closed to be based on my looks. I of course think these people are hugely wrong and crazy. My skin looks awful to me

I'm the opposite... I avoid seeing myself at all costs (sometimes it's just impossible though) or I get really depressed. When I pass a mirror, I do my best to look at the ground and anything else that doesn't remind myself. I even went a couple of months with putting on makeup without a mirror, and I guess I'm talented because my brutally honest friends said it looked the same as it's always been. I wish it was acceptable to wear brown paper bags over your head. Wouldn't that be great? tongue.gif

I just diagnosed myself with NLCAS (No longer cares about skin)

It feels great to have it.

I just diagnosed myself with NLCAS (No longer cares about skin)

It feels great to have it.

OMG, I thought it was just me! Whenever I notice a mirror, or mirror-like object (window, spoon, cell phone screen) I just have to see how my face looks in the particular kind of light. I just carry around a mirror now.

Bleh.Most people,clear or not,will look at themselves if they pass a mirror or window.I am one of those people. tongue.gif

But..there's a time when that's not all normal.For example,I will spend time touching and picking at my face at school,I can't help it sometimes.And I will look at myself in the bathroom mirror looking for,and noticing my flaws.I don't know if I have BDD,but it sure seems close.If I see a mirror I will inspect and look at my face all around,and take in the fact that I have bumps.I will pop for a while in the bathroom mirror.

Like..My day feelsgreat,I've forgotten about acne for a bit.Then I look at my nasty ugly acne in the mirror.Sure burst my bubble.