Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ximagnesx

Differences of Whitening products and AHA

As mentioned above.

What's the differences of using Whitening products and using AHA? They both lighten acne marks and spots right?

I heard that when you're having active acnes, you shouldn't use any Whitening products. Why is it so?

Does anyone has any solutions and answers to my questions?

It depends on what "whitening products" you are referring to. What are the active ingredients?

The AHA+ lotion works by exfoliating the skin. It has glycolic acid in it.

Many skin lightening products contain hydroquinone, which "bleaches" the skin. Completely different function than glycolic acid. Also, you shouldn't use hydroquinone containing products while on the Regimen. It interacts negatively with bp.

It depends on what "whitening products" you are referring to. What are the active ingredients?

Many skin lightening products contain hydroquinone, which "bleaches" the skin. Completely different function than glycolic acid. Also, you shouldn't use hydroquinone containing products while on the Regimen. It interacts negatively with bp.

OH! Thank you brandy! I didn't know i shouldn't use hydroquinone while on the regimen. Ok, i should take extra note on the ingredient list to avoid this now. :)

anyway, can AHA improve the skin texture too? I have scarring on my skin and wonder if AHA will help on that other than only marks and spots?

In many countries, they'll sell products with papaya enzymes in them because they are known to whiten skin. Soaps, washes, lotions, you name it! A lot of my friends from the Philippines have used it. I don't know how much it does for texture though. AHA's in the long term are known to help with the smoothness of skin, and can help "unclog" pores of things like blackheads, and will give your skin a nice radiant glow. When I look at Dan's videos on YT, I'm amazed at how much his skin glows, and he says AHA is his secret weapon!

anyway, can AHA improve the skin texture too? I have scarring on my skin and wonder if AHA will help on that other than only marks and spots?

It may help a little, but it isn't a miracle for true scars. Just have realistic expectations with it. True scarring may require a visit to a doctor for appropriate treatments. Here's more info on scar treatments. http://www.acne.org/scars.php