Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ctbo

derm makes me wait a week for Cortizone shot why

I need a Cortizone shot I have had a cyst on my face near my nose for the last month and a few days ago it got really big.Im calling my derm moday and they always ask how big is it how much does it hurt and how long you had it.it looks like a got hit in the face with a baseball or something its all swollen.its big but I have had biggers ones and it doesnt hurt thank god.every time i call they make me wait about a week before they can see me.does anyones derm make them wait that long to get a cortizone shot or is it just my derm?

I need a Cortizone shot I have had a cyst on my face near my nose for the last month and a few days ago it got really big.Im calling my derm moday and they always ask how big is it how much does it hurt and how long you had it.it looks like a got hit in the face with a baseball or something its all swollen.its big but I have had biggers ones and it doesnt hurt thank god.every time i call they make me wait about a week before they can see me.does anyones derm make them wait that long to get a cortizone shot or is it just my derm?

i think they make you wait incase it goes away in that time. usually i can call my derm and get in that day or in a few days. i just tell them i have had it for about 2 weeks and that its really painful. lol it seems that i always have to lie about how long i have had a cyst because if i say i have only had it for a few days they wont want to do the shot. seriously though most of us that get these cysts know that they less time they are on our face the less chance of a scar so really i think its best to get it injected right away ya know?

your right I got it injected now I hope it goes away soon.most of the time it seems to take 4 or 5 days or so to go away after the cortisone shot.but my cyst no lie was there over a month it was a slow one got bigger over weeks.I didnt really hurt but I see where your coming from to get an appt.I agree with less time on your face means less chance of a scar even my derm confirmed this.so its good to take care of it right off.

Edited by ctbo

your right I got it injected now I hope it goes away soon.most of the time it seems to take 4 or 5 days or so to go away after the cortisone shot.but my cyst no lie was there over a month it was a slow one got bigger over weeks.I didnt really hurt but I see where your coming from to get an appt.I agree with less time on your face means less chance of a scar even my derm confirmed this.so its good to take care of it right off.

thats good that you got it injected. i had a cyst injected twice and its alot smaller now but its still kinda there. its been almost 2 weeks so it should be completely gone by now so i go back to the derm on the 14th and if its still hanging around i might have her inject it one more time. the other ones she injected for me are totally gone now with no red mark. ugh i hate cysts - hate them!!!