Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bleekr

How red should I EXPECT to get?

I read that a lot of people say when they start the regimen their skin turns red. Is it like sunburn red? Really noticeable? Does it only last for a few hours after you put on the medication? Any pictures?

The only I ask is because when I start, I really don't want to explain hey the reason I look sunburn in February is because of my acne.

Edited by Bleekr

I read that a lot of people say when they start the regimen their skin turns red. Is it like sunburn red? Really noticeable? Does it only last for a few hours after you put on the medication? Any pictures?

The only I ask is because when I start, I really don't want to explain hey the reason I look sunburn in February is because of my acne.

At first its only after the applications (depending on your skin) and some people don't even get red until after a few weeks.

but after the redness comes, its VERY noticable, almost like a sunburn, and theres really nothing you can do to prevent it (even the smallest amount of BP will cause some kind of redness) and it can last several months, but from my experience it only lasts a month or two tops, i still sometimes get red, but it only lasts a couple hours.

So expect it to hit hard, just in case, i really don't know what you could tell people other than the truth, and makeup really doesn't work too well on the regimen (assuming you're a girl) but you could try if you wish.

i didn't get red at all... ive been on bp for almost 6 weeks and I slabbed on a lot when i started using... but then again ive been on tretinoin for a couple of years now... as well