Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jessw89

Bathing suit to cover bacne?

So it's required to swim for gym at my school :rolleyes: I have no way of getting out of it. It's embarrassing enough that I can't even swim, but that aside...

I have bacne on my upper back - not a huge amount, but it still bothers me and I don't want anyone to see it. I have a little over a month before I have to start swimming, so I'll work on clearing it. But does anyone know of some sort of bathing suit that would cover my upper back? I don't understand why they all have to be so revealing there... :wall:

I'd rather not just wear a t-shirt over it so that I don't have to deal with the "why are you wearing a t-shirt" questions.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by jessw89

There might be some more modest swim suits in a sports store, perhaps? I don't know. There are tank top like suits that cover a good portion of the upper back.

The tough thing is with tankinis, which is the best option, is that they cut them low in the back to "make up" for being a tankini. Most of the time. I'm sure if you look like a lot of places you could find a suitable one... Hmm...

Ugh... the horrors of high school gym and the swimming portion. They take kids with body issues and shove them into bathing suits in front of each other. Terrible.

If you don't want to wear a scuba swim tee, you could get a one-piece with a racerback. It won't cover your shoulders, but it'll cover the area between your shoulder blades.

As for clearing it up, if you have any cysts, use tea tree oil - when I get a cyst on my back, the tea tree oil reduces the inflammation really fast.

If you just have little bumps, wash your skin with Cetaphil and apply a shit ton of AHA and you should be fairly clear by the time you have to swim.

The chlorine in the pool will probably clear you up a little at first, too (although it might make it worse later because of irritation).

Good luck.

How about a water polo suit? The backs of those don't seem to be as open as ordinary swimsuits.

I just ran into this issue myself (well, not school swim lessons, but a beach trip coming up), although I have both chest AND back acne that needed covering up. Not an easy task outside of scuba gear! So what I ended up ordering was a sleeveless rash guard with built in bra and a high neck water polo suit, so I have two options. Hopefully they'll fit well once they get here! And I already have several bottoms that will work with them. Good luck!