Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vincent168

Accutane Blood Test

When do you guys go for the blood test after your first prescription for accutane? I visit my derm every 2 months and totally forgot when to get the blood test done for him!

I always had my blood testing done about 2 days before my dermatologist appointment. I believe you can do it one day before. I once had blood testing done the morning (9 AM) of my appointment, which was around 5 PM, and she did not get the results yet so make sure you give adequate time so they can send over the results.

I am able to do it the day of. But then that means having to wait around for the results to come back. So the most convenient thing (for me) is to do the blood test one day before. My doc also said I could do it a few days before.

Edited by Rattina89

shouldn't the sheet say when is the range of days which I should get the blood test done? I am so confused because the consultation was so rushed!

My derm said "around two days before your next appointment." I don't think there's ever a set-in-stone date to get your blood drawn, as long as it's within a reasonable window. You want to leave enough time to get the blood tested and the results sent to your dermatologist's office. But you don't want to go like, a week ahead of time.

If you're still unsure, call the office and ask them.

My derm said "around two days before your next appointment." I don't think there's ever a set-in-stone date to get your blood drawn, as long as it's within a reasonable window. You want to leave enough time to get the blood tested and the results sent to your dermatologist's office. But you don't want to go like, a week ahead of time.

If you're still unsure, call the office and ask them.

I don't about for men, but for women your appt isn't supposed to be scheduled (per iPledge) less than 4.5 weeks for pregnancy detection reasons. Also (for anyone), remember that your window to fill your prescription expires at 11:59pm 6 days after you get your bloodwork. So if you get your bloodwork done on Tuesday and your appointment isn't until the following Tuesday, you're going to have to repeat your bloodwork because it will no longer be valid.