Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ni99a

Water Fasting & Food Log

Well Ive been doing some research and I feel like I'm qualified to try a 7 day water fast.

I'm going to start tomorrow on Monday 2/7 and end next Monday 2/14. I might extend it if my acne has not cleared up 100% yet.

My acne is not all that bad I only have about 5-7 zits overall. I know my acne is related to diet because I have done multiple 3 day fasts before and I get no acne in between my fast but once I start eating again I break out.

I don't eat any sugar or drink soda and its been like that for years now, I only drink water and eat very healthy. Lots of bananas, apples, grapes, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. I do believe my acne is triggered by a certain food I regularly eat for dinner like meat, rice, potatoes, corn, etc. It could also possibly be one of those vegetables or fruits I'm eating I don't know exactly what it is but I will find out this time. I will water fast for 7 days (or possibly longer if my acne is not 100% clear ill let you all know on day 7) and then introduce food groups into my diet 1 by 1 three days apart each time so I have enough time to digest it and also enough time for acne to develop if that food is triggering it. I take a shower as soon as I wake up every morning and that works as my morning face wash and I wash my face again before I go to bed. My face stays relatively clear and I believe everyone should do it like this or maybe this just works for me. I have tried a lot of products including proactive and I have found that for my type of skin its better off not to use anything but water. I hope my log helps anyone with food related acne and I'm about ready to get this behind me. I have no pictures but ill keep you updated daily on how my acne is doing during my water fast. Thanks & Adios!

Edited by ni99a

Well Ive been doing some research and I feel like I'm qualified to try a 7 day water fast.

I'm going to start tomorrow on Monday 2/7 and end next Monday 2/14. I might extend it if my acne has not cleared up 100% yet.

My acne is not all that bad I only have about 5-7 zits overall. I know my acne is related to diet because I have done multiple 3 day fasts before and I get no acne in between my fast but once I start eating again I break out.

I don't eat any sugar or drink soda and its been like that for years now, I only drink water and eat very healthy. Lots of bananas, apples, grapes, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. I do believe my acne is triggered by a certain food I regularly eat for dinner like meat, rice, potatoes, corn, etc. It could also possibly be one of those vegetables or fruits I'm eating I don't know exactly what it is but I will find out this time. I will water fast for 7 days (or possibly longer if my acne is not 100% clear ill let you all know on day 7) and then introduce food groups into my diet 1 by 1 three days apart each time so I have enough time to digest it and also enough time for acne to develop if that food is triggering it. I take a shower as soon as I wake up every morning and that works as my morning face wash and I wash my face again before I go to bed. My face stays relatively clear and I believe everyone should do it like this or maybe this just works for me. I have tried a lot of products including proactive and I have found that for my type of skin its better off not to use anything but water. I hope my log helps anyone with food related acne and I'm about ready to get this behind me. I have no pictures but ill keep you updated daily on how my acne is doing during my water fast. Thanks & Adios!

My acne is def. food related also. I am doing a 7 day whole body cleanse after I finish my 10 day candida diet to starve off some yeast. Last time I did the 7 day cleanse, I was 100% clear for some time, my skin had never looked so good (since I have had acne).

^well thats good news for me because i absolutely hate fasting so the sooner the better hopefully 7 days clears me up 100%

Edited by ni99a

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

imo u couldve just restrict/moderately bananas n potato/rice n meat n eliminate corn n just eat as possible raw food more n more greens n get sweet potato instead of reg potato n thats it, if ur already on healthy diet. but good luck with yo fast anywayz!

^well thats good news for me because i absolutely hate fasting so the sooner the better hopefully 7 days clears me up 100%

Honestly I would just do the cleanse I am going to do. It contains stuff that clears your body of built up toxins and such. I'm sure a 7 day water fast would work for the short term, but I think the results from the cleanse would last longer. You can eat during it too (pretty much only some basic fruit and veggies). Something to think about. BTW I would lay off the bananas.

Well theirs no turning back now I already made up my mind that I'm doing this plus this will help me stay clear in the long run because I will avoid the food groups entirely causing my acne.

wish me luck!!!!

Edited by ni99a

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

well yea sure, imo its deff good thing to do anywayz, ull clean yoself out afterall n then from there can just continue eating even more healthy if possible/needed or stay on a way u already r if it doesnt break u out too much n so..

no way can fruits really cause acne? :think: well i guess ill find out soon enough if thats true or not

Anyway so far day 1 of my water fast is going well im drinking alot of water and I just got back from the gym. I have a little craving for food today but im resisting it well and I expected this since I have done this before.

Edited by ni99a

Just keep it going, it's the first days thats the hardest, it will be easier after some while. And its okey with exercise, but just dont do it too intensive and for too long, it will make you more hungry.

And yes fructose can give acne - in general everything which your genes is not adopt to can in theory cause acne, the reason fruits is one of those things is that fruits today is not "natural" in the way that they have been bred for the last hundreds of years to become more sweet, and therefore the fruit today is very different from what it was, lets say 10.000 years ago.

But stick with vegetables! They are great, f.ex 100g of spinach have 6 times more C-vitamin than 100g of Apples, and vegetables usually have almost zero sugars, especially vegetables growing over the ground

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

^ myeahh :dozing:..buut cmon, we r not 10000 yrs old either? we r human of this age n time afterall, not the same as thousands yrs back :huh: during time n evolution thing our system have changed too afterall, which deff should include dealing with alot of sugar since thats what ppl eat the most lately anywayz, besides how can few fruit harm anywayz, they have vits, fiber n blah in them too >_>

aand btw yea..wut about brain needs sugar n stuff like that? ofc clear face is top priority but no need to become dumb bcz of it too :confused:

Evolution takes place in very long periods, the last 40.000 years our genome has changed only 0,2%. And in perspective, an average european is 2% different from an average asian. So we are not all adapt to eating sweet fruits yet, maybe we will be though. And It's also very different from person to person, f.ex as we know, some people can eat crap and never have acne. That's life. We are different.

Another example

For people living in north of europe they have an average of 225 grandparents (5000~ years) which have eaten grains, and in the south they have 500(10.000~years). You can actually draw the conclusion that for certain peoples which have 100% north-european genes vs people having 100% south-european heritage have doubled risk to experience problems with grains.

and the reason afterall even 500 generations is not a lot, is because the selection has been fairly weak, the illnesses of grains, have usually been coming after the reproduction - in opposite to for.example milk which has been a much greater selection towards, which explains why scandinavians only have 5 %lactose intolerance, while some places in asia and africa it reaches almost 100%. However, when the milk is pasteruized which has only been done for around 100 years, even scandinavians will risk problems consuming it...

and so we can go on

And about the brain that needs sugar, it is true, however it is very well adapt to make the sugar itself. You can live a perfect healthy life and NEVER consume 1 bit of sugar, because your body have a perfect system making glucose out of fats and proteins - however, a little sugar is of course not a tragedy, but you have to find out yourself how much you can tolerate, for most people the average diet is too much.

You can live fine without carbohydrates(sugars), but you have no chance to survive without fats and proteins

well i guess we will find out if fruits really do cause acne for me at least once this fast is completed & i can experiment with diffrent foods.

So far day 2 has been great wasnt even hungry today and i drank alot of water. I went to the gym earlier and i have alot of energy. Tommrow starts ketosis if im right, also my acne is starting to subside. Anyway time for bed so adios until tommrow.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY
Evolution takes place in very long periods, the last 40.000 years our genome has changed only 0,2%. And in perspective, an average european is 2% different from an average asian. So we are not all adapt to eating sweet fruits yet, maybe we will be though. And It's also very different from person to person, f.ex as we know, some people can eat crap and never have acne. That's life. We are different.

oh wow we sure r slow ass at evolving even pokemon evolve faster lawl o__0

n pffft all the fruit/sugar part just rly annoys me >_<..we r not from diff planet afterall, y cant eat some plain fruit from our own homeland geee :doh: n anywayz sugar/fruits r duh yumm n thats all there is to it, thats y body just needs to adapt already, i said! :confused:

and no bro, wrong. :|most ppl can eat crap n never have acne. but we r different for some fuking random reasons. fuk life.