Notifications
Clear all

Anyone tried AcneVac?

MemberMember
(@xzone)

Posted : 02/06/2011 3:12 pm

Hello everybody!

I registered on this forum a a week before because it is so nice to see people just like me and i frequently read the topics here.

So for my first post i wanted to ask you guys on what you know or have tried a product called Acnevac?

I read about this from a guy who posted it here 1 year ago.

I read about it on their webpage and i decided to order it from a czech website because just like you i have tried everything.

Since there already is a vaccine for p-acne for dogs this company basically has taken that product and made it for humans.

Here is their website:

So what do you think?

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 02/06/2011 3:23 pm

hmmm, I dunno, it looks intriguing and a definitely sketchy...you can be the guinea pig on this one lol...

I have no idea, i've heard of probiotics for acne, but i havent heard of ingesting actual bacterium which is supposedly bad...i would be very careful. You might want to even get under the supervision of a doctor while you are on it, and tell the what's up

MemberMember
(@maximus-decimus-merideous)

Posted : 02/06/2011 3:25 pm

Also..I would make sure to look up any test trials they did. I have no Idea where you are from, but keep in mind that czech government safety standards may be VERY different from your home country

MemberMember
(@xzone)

Posted : 02/06/2011 4:45 pm

But isnt that what vaccines do to our bodies? Introduce a small amount of the bacterium that you are suppose to get defended from?

also i found this report from pubmed:

The influence of Acnevac vaccine on immune responses of CBA mice was tested. Acnevac, the vaccine used in a treatment of patient with acne vulgaris, was produced by a Cracow Sera and Vaccines Manufacturer from cultures of Propionibacteria-strains. It was shown that Acnevac has strong immunomodulatory properties. It strongly stimulates humoral responses, has moderate effect on cell-mediated immune responses and it also activates peritoneal macrophages to release TNF-alpha.

I do not understand everything of it so could somebody maybe describe it for me, what it says?

MemberMember
(@flawlessskin2011)

Posted : 04/07/2011 6:01 pm

Hi, I live in Europe and have a Polish friend who tells me Acnevac is available in every pharmacy and is quite widely used, although she has no experience with it herself.

Having paid for, had translated and read both Acnevac related medial articles available by searching for 'Acnevac' on Pubmed (www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/), I am really very excited and think this needs serious investigation.

I have found that the product can be brought from several reputable European online pharmacies and shipped internationally, so this is not only relevant to those in Poland.

Could someone like Dan Kern also read the articles, investigate this, call the academics at Palacky University in Poland and generally get the ball rolling.

Seriously, this could be a revolutionary treatment, if some of the results the academic studies describe are accurate. It would be awful if this were the treatment we have all been waiting for which gets ignored just because it was invented in Poland.

MemberMember
(@mrbungle)

Posted : 04/10/2011 2:30 pm

I've bought on internet this Acnevac, and I'm assuming it now for 2th cylce (10 days, stop 20 days, 10 days again...). What should I say? It seems to do absolutely NOTHING...

MemberMember
(@joris)

Posted : 04/10/2011 4:41 pm

I've bought on internet this Acnevac, and I'm assuming it now for 2th cylce (10 days, stop 20 days, 10 days again...). What should I say? It seems to do absolutely NOTHING...

How long should you use this? 30days isnt that much I guess.

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 04/10/2011 8:37 pm

I'm not too sure if ingesting the bacteria that causes Staph infections is such a good idea. I'm also not too confident this would work.

When a vaccine is used, a small amount of the bacteria or virus is introduced into the body and the body produces antibodies and an immune response and resistance against it. However, vaccines are for things that exist OUTSIDE of our body. Acne is one of the bacteria that's always there in small amounts. You're assuming that the body would somehow know to produce antibodies and an immune resistance against acne. If that was the case then it should, but doesn't, happen on it's own especially with people who suffer from severe acne. I'm definitely intrigued but very skeptical. If you have the money to spare go for it I suppose.

MemberMember
(@reti)

Posted : 04/12/2011 8:41 pm

I'm pretty sure a vaccine would need to be injected. This sounds like BS, as if some company is using actual research and selling something pretending to be it. The vaccine would optimally need to be specific to certain sub-strains of P.acnes, since there is a relationship between normal, healthy P.acnes strains and the mechanics & chemistry of healthy adult human pores. But I suppose if you want to completely get rid of them from there, then itas a chance. You may open up the possibility of the pores becoming colonized by something worse, though.

Probiotics for the skin would be very helpful if a company would culture a strain of P.acnes that is associated with clear skin, put it in a suitable nutritive base that will keep it alive long enough, and ship it to you. Then you'd hopefully been sterilizing your face for a week or so with PCMX or chorhexidine, maybe even have just stopped a course of antibiotics. The day you get it you just use non-antibacterial cleanser and alcohol, let it dry, rub the lotion on the skin ("or she gets the hose again!"), and go to bed. Then again, you should be able to do this just by getting a lover who's got clearer skin than you or stealing their pillowcase.

MemberMember
(@mrbungle)

Posted : 04/13/2011 8:51 pm

How long should you use this? 30days isnt that much I guess.

A complete course is about 3 months: 10 days assuming the pill, stop for 20 days, 10 days again, stop for another 20 days, and the last 10 days (then stop for 20 days before start another course).

http://www.bioveta.cz/en/human-division/ac...vac-dosage.html

The product contains harmless bacterial particles originating from the bacteria that are common causative agents of skin diseases (Staphylococcus epidermidis and Propionibacterium acnes) in order to stimulate the immunity and enhance the body's natural immunity.

I was excited to start this new "therapy", because my acne is infected and has been controlled successfully with antibiotics (but i stopped with them one years ago, and my acne came back).

Unfortunately with Acnevac something didn't work as espected. I've almost at the end of the 3 months cycle, and my acne is extactly the same...

MemberMember
(@hiddenspirit)

Posted : 05/02/2011 11:04 am

Hmmm, I go to Poland every so often, I will be researching into this.

MemberMember
(@makynka)

Posted : 04/11/2013 11:59 am

Hi,

just bought Acnevac today as adviced by my dermatologist. She recomended 2-3 packs ( 6-9 month). So will keep you posted if it is any better after 3 month.

Hi, I live in Europe and have a Polish friend who tells me Acnevac is available in every pharmacy and is quite widely used, although she has no experience with it herself.

Having paid for, had translated and read both Acnevac related medial articles available by searching for 'Acnevac' on Pubmed (www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/), I am really very excited and think this needs serious investigation.

I have found that the product can be brought from several reputable European online pharmacies and shipped internationally, so this is not only relevant to those in Poland.

Could someone like Dan Kern also read the articles, investigate this, call the academics at Palacky University in Poland and generally get the ball rolling.

Seriously, this could be a revolutionary treatment, if some of the results the academic studies describe are accurate. It would be awful if this were the treatment we have all been waiting for which gets ignored just because it was invented in Poland.