Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
colostomus

my best distraction ever

hi guys, ive suffered from acne since i was 10, and im 22 now my skins no better, i have a pockmarked face and disgusting red/dark brown marks all over my back and shoulders, and ive spent more time than i can remember crying over it...

Recently i took up piano again (i used to play really well as a child), and ive been playing again for an hour every day for the last 3 months or so....i had a day off work last week and my best friend asked me to play something for him cuz he was trying to cheer me up, well it worked i felt so good when i was playing that after 2 hours he was even able to convince me to get out of the house (i dont do that, ever! cuz i hate the way i look)...pretty useless post i think, but i just wanted to put it out there :)

Fo the record i did feel like crap the next time i looked at myself but im hoping the piano helps me forget!

Hey good for you! It's so fantastic to find something to take your mind off your acne... especially if it's something that you're really into so that you can find those moments of being "in the zone" when everything else in the world just falls away... it's amazing.

Hey good for you! It's so fantastic to find something to take your mind off your acne... especially if it's something that you're really into so that you can find those moments of being "in the zone" when everything else in the world just falls away... it's amazing.

Agree. I've tried that some times. It's amazing. It's like.. You're yourself, in a totally different world :D. And there's nothing to worry about. Well, that's how I feel it.

I'm glad you started playing again! Best of luck! :D

Art of any kind is very therapeutic! There's so many types everyone can try out and practice:

-oil painting

-watercolor

-clay sculpting

-metal sculpting

-jewelry making

- Baking (cakes can get pretty creative!)

-sewing

-knitting

-wood working

-writing

-instruments

- performing arts

There's so many things you can go out and try. If you live near a big city sometimes stores will offer how-to classes on things. For example, a jewelry bead store near me does beading classes!

It makes you feel accomplished.