Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rattina89

Is it safe to use makeup with salicylic acid while on Accutane?

(Am I posting this in the right place?)

Ok, so I'm starting my 3rd month on Accutane and still getting some pimples. I think it may have something to do with my current makeup clogging my pores (Revlon Colorstay). I wanted to try Neutrogena's Skin Clearing Makeup which contains 0.5% salicylic acid. My skin is thin from the 'tane....so is trying this makeup a bad idea or okay? Does anyone have any experience or input?

Yes, you are posting this in the right section!

I would err on the side of caution and say not to use the salicylic acid or consult your dermatologist. Accutane is a serious drug and I used some products while on it thinking I could get away with it but I was sorry. For instance, I tried using BP but it was a terrible idea!

Yes, you are posting this in the right section!

I would err on the side of caution and say not to use the salicylic acid or consult your dermatologist. Accutane is a serious drug and I used some products while on it thinking I could get away with it but I was sorry. For instance, I tried using BP but it was a terrible idea!

Hm yeah. So I decided against it. I guess I shouldn't put anything with the word "acid" in it while I'm on the 'tane Thanks.

:closed:

It is unnecessary to use salicylic acid while you are on accutane as accutane causes skin dryness and salicylic acid will only further irritates your skin.

Edited by Max-

I am in my 4th Month and have been waering make up throughout. I use either foundation from body shop, its oil free, no acidic products in it and is SPF 15. Now that my skin has improved I have been wearing bare minerals make up which has no crap in it, just natural products.

dont use BP and SA as it will aggravate your skin.

p.s I reccomend cetaphil cleansing bar its amazing, adds moisture back in