Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
little star

Which laser should i try?

I'm looking for a laser that will help with scarring and texture. Which one should i try? I've been reading about Fraxel and that Ematrix laser. Any idea which is better?

Any advice would be appreciated!!

I'm looking for a laser that will help with scarring and texture. Which one should i try? I've been reading about Fraxel and that Ematrix laser. Any idea which is better?

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Give us more info, what kind of scarring do you have. Are your scars actual depressed crators or just red marks? What is your ethnicity/skin tone?

Nobody can reccomend a proper laser without knowing some details.

If you mediteranean (greek/italian), middle eastern, hispanic, or just have darker toned skin, erbium based fractional lasers might be better for you such as Pixel or the first generation fraxel.

Erbium is not as effective as Co2 for acne scars because it doesn't cause heat damage.

Co2 fractional causes thermal damage, thus better results. However this same thermal damage can lead to hyperpigmentation or permanent hypopigmentation and scarring.

This is better for lighter skin patients, darker patients should prep the sin with retin-a/hydroquinone/steroid mixture.

Ematrix isn't a laser, and it is fairly new, so not sure how the results for acne scars will be. There is one female asian doctor all over the net talking about how great this laser is, but further research shows she has many ties to the company. So I would take her rave reviews with a grain of salt.

For red acne marks, you can get V-Beam, it will get rid of your red marks once and for all.

Anyways, the list of options is vast, but you need to provide more info.