Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
determined2bclear

Should I Quit the Regimen????

I've been on the acne.org regimen for 9 months. I am consistently and completely clear but my skin is also dry and has dry patches that are darker than my skin tone, so it looks like hyperpigmentation. I've also been using jojoba oil since I started the regimen and although it is great for removing makeup, it doesn't have any long term effects on my flakes. I also tried AHA for about two weeks, and all it did was burn my skin and make the dryness worse.

So should i stay on the regimen because I don't have any pimples? Or should I just give it up altogether?

How do you exfoliate? If you're a guy, I've found that shaving with an electric razor is an amazing way to exfoliate...if you're a girl, I can't personally recommend anything to you. :D Washcloth, maybe? Personally, I would rather have dry skin than pimply skin, so I would keep using the Regimen if I were you, but I'm obviously not you, and you will have to decide what your own preference is. :)

maybe you should try a different moisturizer like CeraVe cream?

Or cut back on BP.. but not too much?

At 9 months I would try to cut back on the BP little by little and see if that helps reduce flakes. I would also consider trying a different moisturizer and look through the reviews on this site and see whats out there that might help you with your flaking. It kinda sucks that BP does cause flaking even tho it gives great results.

congratulations :)

if i were fortunate to be clear i think i would maybe cut down on BP slightly but not completely! slowly fase out the regimen if you stay clear.

how did you get to the stage you are now-any help?

Guest Timehealsall

i think its okay to touch your face ONCE IN A WHILE. if you touch it once a day, even if your hands are dirty, can it really cause acne? I mean its so hard not to touch your face.

Sometimes when im in class, i accidently touch my face cuz i feel a tingling sensation.