Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lena2

Can you help? Advice needed recovering from chemical peel

Hi Everybody,

I got a chemical peel yesterday - I have had many of these peels but never this deep. One area of my face has a red scab on it...it's pretty major and I am not sure how to treat it. The Dr. just said to moisturize and cleanse. So I'm using a super gentle moisturizer and cleanser - but it feels more like a wound...should I be using neosporin or some burn ointment? Dr.s office is not calling me back and I am in pain...

Anyone who has been through this - your input would mean a great deal...

Don't want to do anything to make things worse..

Thanks in advance!

Hi Everybody,

I got a chemical peel yesterday - I have had many of these peels but never this deep. One area of my face has a red scab on it...it's pretty major and I am not sure how to treat it. The Dr. just said to moisturize and cleanse. So I'm using a super gentle moisturizer and cleanser - but it feels more like a wound...should I be using neosporin or some burn ointment? Dr.s office is not calling me back and I am in pain...

Anyone who has been through this - your input would mean a great deal...

Don't want to do anything to make things worse..

Thanks in advance!

Try to be EXTRA gentle with your skin, like as gentle as possible. I was told to put petroleum jelly on my face after my laser treatment, because I guess more moisture helps the cells regenerate way faster. Maybe you could try that? The nurse also said that keeping my face covered in ointment would help keep the crusties away, or sort of keep them from sticking to my face and itching. It does make sense, with my face being this greasy nothing can really dry on it. Would that be something you could try? Maybe it would loosen up your scab, or at least make it feel a little better. Think happy thoughts!

Lucy,

Thanks so much for the input - how is your recovery going? Getting better?

Edited by lena2