Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vodkapoptart

Black Eyeliner That Won't Smudge?

Okay, I don't wear makeup often, but when I do I'm tired of looking like a racoon within an hour or two. I need suggestions for a cheap (preferrably drugstore cheap) black eyeliner that I can put on my water line and it won't smudge or fade.

Hmm, I use almay, i don't remember the specific name. It's around 9 dollars, white pencil, black top, and it's one of those self sharpening ones. I don't apply it on my waterline but on my eyelid, and it lasts all day. If I accidentally fall asleep with make up on when I wake up it is still almost perfectly on.

And when I wash my face it comes off pretty easily with soap or make-up remover. I love it and have been using it for years.

Hmm, I use almay, i don't remember the specific name. It's around 9 dollars, white pencil, black top, and it's one of those self sharpening ones. I don't apply it on my waterline but on my eyelid, and it lasts all day. If I accidentally fall asleep with make up on when I wake up it is still almost perfectly on.

And when I wash my face it comes off pretty easily with soap or make-up remover. I love it and have been using it for years.

I like this one too, although just about anything will start smuding after a full day of wear.

nothing stays on my greasy lids, nothing. I think they're made of butter :(

Nothing stays on my lids either and I suck at liquid eyeliner. But I want a black for my water line.

This might sound weird but I use any cheap black eyeliner and then dab on black powder over it with an angled eyeliner brush.

I actually found a really short video that demonstrates it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFifTKWBYM0

If you can tolerate putting eyeliner there, the brush should be no problem.

I've tried the black powder trick as well. It works with some eyeliners, but the one I have now seems to smudge no matter what I do to it. I found one by Urban Decay that has really good reviews, but $18 for ONE eyeliner pencil is a bit much to me.

For Drugstore brand, Maybelline has a great eyeliner that stays on for a few hours without smudging, I think it's Unstoppable. I'd say it lasts about 6 hours without smudging. If you want to go a little high end (and it's worth it), Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner pencils are amazing! Those last about 8 hours without budging (even on the water line), but they come with off with a little soap and water. They have a ton of colors to choose from also. Right now I'm hooked lol.

This might sound weird but I use any cheap black eyeliner and then dab on black powder over it with an angled eyeliner brush.

I actually found a really short video that demonstrates it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFifTKWBYM0

I've tried the black powder trick as well. It works with some eyeliners, but the one I have now seems to smudge no matter what I do to it. I found one by Urban Decay that has really good reviews, but $18 for ONE eyeliner pencil is a bit much to me.

Well how long does it last? I have had eyeliner pencils last almost a year for me. It's not just about the initial purchase, but how long the amount you paid will take you. Even if something cost 18 dollars and lasted me 5 months it doesn't seem too bad.

Well how long does it last? I have had eyeliner pencils last almost a year for me. It's not just about the initial purchase, but how long the amount you paid will take you. Even if something cost 18 dollars and lasted me 5 months it doesn't seem too bad.

That's true. Since I don't wear makeup alot it would last me a long time.

For Drugstore brand, Maybelline has a great eyeliner that stays on for a few hours without smudging, I think it's Unstoppable. I'd say it lasts about 6 hours without smudging. If you want to go a little high end (and it's worth it), Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner pencils are amazing! Those last about 8 hours without budging (even on the water line), but they come with off with a little soap and water. They have a ton of colors to choose from also. Right now I'm hooked lol.

The Urban Decay 24/7 was the one I was actually looking at. Does it really not smudge? I don't wanna waste my money.

Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

Ta-da!

Works for me... it's all personal though

That one gave me an allergic reaction O_O I had the most disgusting, creepy looking eyes for two days. Haha, but I have sensitive eyes... same thing happened with an Almay one.

Anyway, how long is it okay to keep eyeliners for? I swear I've had one for at least 8 months. Sometime when I have eye makeup on I get this feeling like there's something poking my eyes but there's nothing there. So, I think it's just old makeup that's making my eyes feel funky - could it be? I toss out mascara after 2-3 months but not eyeliners which I use even closer to my eye...

Ta-da!

That one gave me an allergic reaction O_O I had the most disgusting, creepy looking eyes for two days. Haha, but I have sensitive eyes... same thing happened with an Almay one.

Anyway, how long is it okay to keep eyeliners for? I swear I've had one for at least 8 months. Sometime when I have eye makeup on I get this feeling like there's something poking my eyes but there's nothing there. So, I think it's just old makeup that's making my eyes feel funky - could it be? I toss out mascara after 2-3 months but not eyeliners which I use even closer to my eye...

Oh my gosh that sounds terrible! :P Wow...

Hmmmm. I get that feeling a lot too and it's super annoying especially at work. They say you can keep the pencils for up to 3 years! Crazy. It could be the case though. Sometimes I feel like it's just debris from putting on a lot of eye makeup. It could just be that our eyes are in revolt!

@LivingDeadGirl:

I don't find UD 24/7 eyeliners to be that special. I might get killed because it's like a cult... but truly. A black eyeliner that really will never smudge is Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner. Best stuff I've ever used.

Ta-da!

Oh my gosh that sounds terrible! :P Wow...

Hmmmm. I get that feeling a lot too and it's super annoying especially at work. They say you can keep the pencils for up to 3 years! Crazy. It could be the case though. Sometimes I feel like it's just debris from putting on a lot of eye makeup. It could just be that our eyes are in revolt!

@LivingDeadGirl:

I don't find UD 24/7 eyeliners to be that special. I might get killed because it's like a cult... but truly. A black eyeliner that really will never smudge is Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner. Best stuff I've ever used.

Haha! You still used my other name. Do you ever watch Pixi2woo on Youtube? I love her. Anyways, she's doing these videos where she tests out certain products for a week to see which lasts longest and this week is eyeliners and UD 24/7 is one of hers. I'm waiting to see what she says about it. All the reviews I've read seem okay, but I still have doubts about it and even you said it's not as great as everyone says it is. I can't use anything by Revlon on my skin or eyes and Bobbi Brown is way too expensive. I was looking at the gel liner by E.L.F for my lids because I SUCK at liquid eyeliner. It's a mess and NOT a hot one :lol: I'm determined to find a pencil for my water line though that won't smudge.

Ta-da!

I second that. ^ I've used Revlon Colorstay for a couple of years now, and it's absolutely a miracle. Under ten bucks, too.

Okay, I don't wear makeup often, but when I do I'm tired of looking like a racoon within an hour or two. I need suggestions for a cheap (preferrably drugstore cheap) black eyeliner that I can put on my water line and it won't smudge or fade.

Hi! I always use makeup that is waterproof , it doesn't smudge or wear-off at all. If I do not wear waterproof makeup I 'll look terrible within like an hour! lol, 'cause I have oily skin and super long lashes :) , so the mascara and eyeliner hits my skin and smudges off in no time if I use non-waterproof makeup.

Natalie