Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLUIS717

Is My Acne Bad? and any tips

I am 16 and i have kind of bad acne. I find it annoying because at home in the bathroom my acne doesnt look bad but when i take a picture(even without flash) or go in the bathroom at school it lloooks bad :(. Just would like to think if my acne would "catch glances" and any ideas what i could do.

i currently use pHIsohex as a wash and have a topical solution and another solution that is more "harcore"

post-145307-1296936800_thumb.jpg

post-145307-1296936855_thumb.jpg

post-145307-1296936800_thumb.jpg

post-145307-1296936855_thumb.jpg

I am 16 and i have kind of bad acne. I find it annoying because at home in the bathroom my acne doesnt look bad but when i take a picture(even without flash) or go in the bathroom at school it lloooks bad :(. Just would like to think if my acne would "catch glances" and any ideas what i could do.

i currently use pHIsohex as a wash and have a topical solution and another solution that is more "harcore"

Doesn't look bad to me man, especially since you are only 16. You will probably grow out of it soon. I wouldn't take antibiotics if you go to a dermatologist though. Just let it run its course.

Same here. At home my acne doesn't look too bad but at school it looks really bad when go into the washroom. It's probably just the lighting at school though so I wouldn't worry about that much.

Your acne is pretty light so I wouldn't do anything extreme. Just keep on cleansing and all that and I'm sure it will disappear soon.

Same here. At home my acne doesn't look too bad but at school it looks really bad when go into the washroom. It's probably just the lighting at school though so I wouldn't worry about that much.

Your acne is pretty light so I wouldn't do anything extreme. Just keep on cleansing and all that and I'm sure it will disappear soon.

do you suggest drying it out with the "harcore" stuff or moisutrizing it. they arent like uh bumby zits but like its just red! like under the skin

Your acne isn't bad at all.

But yeah, I hate how different lighting makes acne look worse/better.

ESPECIALLY the lighting inside of a car. It brings out like ever flaw in your skin. Anyone else notice that?

Edited by madmike

The Regimen, being designed for mild or even moderate acne, should clear you up nicely, should you choose to go that route. :)

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

Doesn't look bad to me man, especially since you are only 16. You will probably grow out of it soon. I wouldn't take antibiotics if you go to a dermatologist though. Just let it run its course.

well i don wanna scare that dude but hey u cant be sure he'll outgrow it or anything, fe me i had kinda severe acne n back when it just just started it looked just like his here, n id never imagine it could freakin blow up my whole face n turn it into completely despisable mess ykno :huh:

thats y op better do wut u can right now, before it spreadz. idk wut exactly to suggest u since everyone is individual case n so, but for a start maybe ditch antibiotics n look into holistic and vitamin section n look at some info.

anyhow imo the basic stuff u should try before anything else would be simply to: eliminate stress, sleep well, eat less or if u can none at all- sugar n bad foods, drink 2l water per day.

n if after like month there is no change, then start to look for other options. idk if topicals will be much of a help fo u, well maybe, but u just gotta remember to not touch or pick anything on yo face n let everything dry out n heal naturally.

@madmike dude is that u in yo avatar, is it shopped or before acne or something, bcz u seem like having pretty good skin there? :/

ESPECIALLY the lighting inside of a car. It brings out like ever flaw in your skin. Anyone else notice that?

You are 100% correct, I've noticed that many times before as well!

Edited by RickJ4mes

First, start taking fish oil. I've heard that cheek acne is sometimes related to the lungs, so try exercising more or stop smoking (if you do). Benzoyl Peroxide (BP) might help clear it up, so I'd give that a shot.

Benzaclin topical Gel , Ask ur doctor u have to be prescribed it but it got rid of my acne in no word of a lie 3 DAYS ! i was skeptical about it but it actually works , Just use it before u go to bed , Rub it in .. :)

DAY 2

Everyday i wash twice with Phizohex (spelling) and i put on Benzoyl Peroxide at night and during the day. On school days i wash it off after about an hour or 2 because it leaves a nasty film on my face that makes it look bad in public. So this is the 2nd day. looking better?

Edited by SLUIS717

Your acne isn't bad at all.

its not the light in the car, its the mirrors

I think you shouldn't worry too much! Your pimples are usual at the age of 16 and i think they will disappear in the upcoming years. Going on treatments will worse the acne in the beginning and in your case that would be very disappointing, because your acne isn't that worse at all. Just take care of your skin with non-aggressive products and everything will be fine :)

ugh why is that? i will feel pretty good about my skin and then i get in my car to go to and from work and its like night and day. wtf? i see red marks on my skin that i cant see in any other lighting even the annoying fluorescent lights at my work. craziness! i need to find a way to stop looking in the mirror when i get into my car.

Your skin didn't look that bad to start with.Enjoy needing BP every day now.

When i look back my skin wasnt too bad but I opted to use BP and now i rely on it everyday or I get worse.

I would advise using BP, but i would not advise that you follow the acne.org regiman. Your acne is quite mild and if you coat your face in BPO it will cause irritation and yes as garyy says you may become dependant on it. :( Instead i advise using it to spot treat, i.e. to treat each indiviual spot rather than your whole face. :) Good luck

Acne looks worse in the car because the sun is a natural light source compared to artificial lighting. It does show every flaw andddd will show you your true tooth shade as well according to my dentist. Everytime I go into his office, I look at my teeth and they look hollywood white but in my car, are a few shades darker. The same with your skin, especially acne scars!!! I can see every pore, every scar and acne under natural light.