Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
japjeev

How can i get rid of acne/acne scars?

I am 15 year old male. Well i have acne i break out a little by little everyday. So my Acne is not REALLY bad but its not mild either. its in between. I have many scars cuz i picked them :(. So i am willing to try anything that isn't like proactive or accutane. Just natural stuff. i am going to Walgreen pharmacy can you tell me what i should get? like what cleanser and what not? and like what should i do to get rid of acne/ acne scars?

What do you mean "natural stuff"? And what "natural stuff" do you hope to find at Walgreens? They are a normal pharmacy store just like any other pharmacy store, they aren't a healthfood store.

I'm going to link you to Dan's regimen. It works very well for most people who use it precisely as he suggests. http://www.acne.org/regimen.html He has his own product line designed for doing the Regimen, but you can find the alternate products at Walgreens or any other pharmacy store.

You can browse through the success stories here: http://www.acne.org/success.php

Hope that helps and good luck!

hmm yeah i should have seen this before i posted it but my question is. How long does the regime program take to start showing results? will i see some significant results in a month or so?

Start here for the Regimen step-by-step directions.

Please be sure to read the What to expect page as that helps you see what's normal when you're starting out with the Regimen.

The Biggest Mistakes page will help you determine whether or not you should add that product or change up something with regards to the Regimen.

If you continue to have trouble, Having Trouble? will guide you through a series of questions that will help you pinpoint areas of concern with your use of the Regimen.

There's also a series of Frequently Asked Questions that address the most frequent questions that regularly come up.

Here's a helpful list on Finding Supplies. You can use Dan's products or find the needed gentle cleanser, 2.5% Benzoyl peroxide product, and a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer at a local drugstore.

okat thanks i have found these products

Cleanser

Moisturizer

I cant really find a good and cheap 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

But if i use both of those using Regime's instruction and take out Brenzoyl Peroxide will it help? since both the cleanser and moisturizer are made for acne

Edited by japjeev

okat thanks i have found these products

Cleanser

Moisturizer

I cant really find a good and cheap 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

But if i use both of those using Regime's instruction and take out Brenzoyl Peroxide will it help? since both the cleanser and moisturizer are made for acne

Not at all. The 'treatment' step is the BP. The cleanser and moisturizer can truly be substituted for any other similar product. However, I would STRONGLY encourage you to spend about $20 and buy this site's benzoyl peroxide. I have used three different drug store brands, and Dan's beats them, hands down. It's a gel, so it dries clear and you can use it twice a day easily, plus it's far less irritating (to my skin anyway) than others I've tried. It's a great investment to make.

I've been using BP again for a little less than a month, and it's looking better now. It's gotten much better since switching to the Acne.org BP.

Good luck!