Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marin

Cutera Fractional Laser

I am 65 years old with deep wrinkles only when I smile. I have an appointment for the cutera fractional laser the end of March, and I am getting worried about the pain involved. I heard that I would be getting demerol. After reading these posts, I'm thinking that it may not be enough for the pain. Also, has anyone had this procedure performed for cheek wrinkles? Again, when my face is at rest, I don't see wrinkles; it's only when I smile. Also, one person mentioned using mineral make up. Has anyone else heard that as well? Any help would be much appreciated.

I am 65 years old with deep wrinkles only when I smile. I have an appointment for the cutera fractional laser the end of March, and I am getting worried about the pain involved. I heard that I would be getting demerol. After reading these posts, I'm thinking that it may not be enough for the pain. Also, has anyone had this procedure performed for cheek wrinkles? Again, when my face is at rest, I don't see wrinkles; it's only when I smile. Also, one person mentioned using mineral make up. Has anyone else heard that as well? Any help would be much appreciated.

In my experience, the lasers are VERY painful. It also aged my skin twice as fast! Maybe go to a reliable Dermatologist as they can probably presrcibe Diflocan to tighten your skin. Also...Kanolin clay masks that you can buy in just about any store work, but take a long time.

I think Fractional laser can be a great treatment for your skin. But you would need more than one treatment if you want to see results. Experiences are different for every person, but you will probably experience some pain or discomfort. Be absolutely sure that you wear lots of SPF when going outside and do NOT touch or pick at your skin as this will cause hyperpigmentation. Your skin may look worse before it starts looking better, as your skin will have to become damaged in order for new skin to form. I also recommend using a hydrocortisone cream for 7-10 days post treatment. No need for prescription, drugstore hydrocortisone will do.