Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
N.clare

Whats really helped reduce my inflamation and red marks

Posted

I have been using something that ppl reading this post might be interested in trying, its a moisturiser by Kimberly Sayer (Repair for combination, oily & blemish prone skin) Tangerine & calendula healing light night cream... Its a night cream thats totally organic and natural. I have reoccuring cystic breakouts on one part of my cheek and have just started using this stuff day and night because it really seemed to be reducing the inflamation and red marks over night.

I have a couple of photos which are taken 2 days apart (please excuse the puffy morning face in both pics... these are pictures id never even show my mum)

Im 24, and my skin really doesnt heal very quickly so i was quite surprised by the change

Posted

Okay... it wont let me upload... im not very good at computers!

Ill try later

Posted (edited)

finally worked out how to put them up!

Edited by N.clare

Posted

Just updated the second image...so this is taken three days apart now, some of the marks are months old so i dont think theyll go very quickly.

I think the new cysts heal much faster without any harsh stuff so ive stopped using it all... now just using a natural cleanser and exfoliator from boots botanicals range and then applying kimberly sayers moisturiser. i thought my skin would be pretty oily but its actually the most balanced its been in a while.

If anyone has any suggestions about how to help recurring cysts id really appreciate any tips! I dont really get much acne apart from the sides of my cheeks. The moment one starts to die another one pops up right next to it! incredible infuriating.

Posted

Wow, it really seemed to calm it down :D. I'm glad it's going better!

Btw, I'm jalous of your face profile (does that make sense? I'm jalous of the way you look from the side). I wish I was that pretty ;)

Posted

Keep updating us with pictures!

Posted

Oh! I hadnt realised anyone had read this. Thats exciting.

Ive just uploaded some pics on my profile gallery as i had no space left on this post. Ive been keeping a diary of pictures daily so have just put a few more up to date.

Im finding that the red scars that ive had a while are very persistent and I will most likely have to be very patient with those ones... but the new acne and new scars improve so much faster than they were.

Ive just started using Apple cider vinegar as a toner morning and night too, since this combination ive found my complexion is a little brighter and i dont feel the need to wear 6 inches of makeup!

Posted

Wow, those cystic scars are healing up nicely! I'll be sure to follow your log, I hope the product keeps working for you! Cystic scars definitely take a long time to heal in my case.

Posted

Just thought id check in with an update.

I havent had another break out of cystic acne since ive stopped using products with chemicals in at the start of feb... the overall appearance is looking much better and less dull.

For the last week or so ive been using a bit of apple cider vinegar, just 50% with water which i think is making a real difference.

Also just purchased a Dermaflannel to use about 3 times a week... this is a flannel with a specific weave which is very good at removing dead skin. Ive gotta say after using it on my body my skin was incredibly soft. im hoping it will speed up the process of removing these scars! I will review back about this.

My moisturiser is keeping my skin very well oil balanced, and i love waking up and feeling my face.... i wish it looked as good as it feels! i think this combined with the ACV is really whats been helping most.

Lastly im giving epsom salt baths a go... some very good reviews about them so thought id give it a try.

Ive updated the images on my gallery so you can see the VERY SLOW progress im making!

Posted

Wow that product really made a difference fast! Your before pic reminds me a lot of how my acne looks now, so I definitely feel your pain :(

I looked up the product you're using and boy is it expensive! Right now I'm using ACV diluted with water for inflamed acne and aloe vera for my acne scars. The aloe vera isn't working as greatly as I had hopes for though :/

Please continue posting pics of your progress because it might tempt me to purchase that moisturizer you're using ;)

Posted
Wow that product really made a difference fast! Your before pic reminds me a lot of how my acne looks now, so I definitely feel your pain :(

I looked up the product you're using and boy is it expensive! Right now I'm using ACV diluted with water for inflamed acne and aloe vera for my acne scars. The aloe vera isn't working as greatly as I had hopes for though :/

Please continue posting pics of your progress because it might tempt me to purchase that moisturizer you're using ;)

Have you checked on my profile gallery? I've posted some more recent pics on there.

It is quite expensive, I guess Ive always spent a lot on my skin as I'm obsessed with sorting it out! I wouldn't try and persuade you to buy it as what works for me might not for you, but I deff wanted to share it with people to maybe give a try. Best thing for me is that the recurring cystic spot has basically gone completely and I am sure it's the night cream that did it, and finally my skin has become less sensitive and red.

Posted

What's your morning and night regimen right now?

Posted

morning

I cleanse my face with boots botanicals cream cleanser

Then tone using ACV- let it dry - and then moisturise with kimberley sayers ultra light day moisturizer for acne prone skin.

Before bed

I cleanse my face again

I then mix some epsom salts in the palm of my hand with a little hot water and put that on, using a derma flannel I gently exfoliate my face.

I leave my face alone about 10 mins and then put on the kimberly sayer healing light night cream