Notifications
Clear all

MSM Powder makes Vitamins work better?

MemberMember
(@gators_fan)

Posted : 02/05/2011 1:52 am

Some of you have heard about MSM, it's most noted use is for helping joints, naturally increasing energy, improving oxygen flow, and tightening the skin.

According to:

http://www.evolutionhealth.com/msm-powder3.htm

MSM helps our bodies absorb more nutrients (vitamins and minerals).

Co-enzyme Q10 locks with MSM, which means that in order for the body to fully utilize this nutrient, it must have MSM(sulfur) with it. Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5), Vitamins A, D, and E, amino acids... are just some of the things we know the body does not utilize properly unless it has MSM to lock with. A lot of the vitamins we take go through the body without being fully used. With more MSM in the body, vitamins can be utilized more effectively and therefore become much more beneficial.

For me, I found this extra interesting because I take Vitamin B5, Vitamin A and Vitamin E daily. If this information is true, and MSM can dramatically help me utilize the supplements I take, it could be very very useful. It also cleans out your intestines and detoxifies the body, which obviously can help many people whos acne is caused by poor diets and improper functioning intestines.

I am going to test this out as soon as my "NOW MSM Powder" arrives in the mail. Most experts highly recommend using the powder because its much easier to absorb.

I'll keep you all posted if I see significant results. Either way, after reading all the benefits of MSM Powder, I see no down-side to trying it.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/09/2011 8:44 pm

~bumpz~

cool thnx fo info man, didnt know this. will gotta check out more about this eventually. there r actually foods that r supposedly rich with msm like broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, garlic, onion n there r many others, but getting suplement wouldnt hurt either i guess =/

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 02/09/2011 8:55 pm

This is good news, I take MSM because it's supposed to help with the healing of scars and such. My uncle in law takes it for back pain, and a combo of glucosamine and MSM helped my dad's back pain as well.

MemberMember
(@gators_fan)

Posted : 02/12/2011 12:18 am

Its been 3 days of taking MSM Powder, and while I can't positively say it's made my acne better (way too soon), But I know for a fact it's made my joints and pains feel better. It's a natural energy supplement, but not over powering at all, you just feel a little more alert (possibly placebo). I play basketball and lift almost every day and it seems to be helping. Regardless if this helps my acne I will probably continue taking it, I mean just look at all of the benefits of this stuff...

http://falconblanco.com/health/msm/faq.html

I'm still pretty hopeful this stuff well help with acne. It detoxes, makes vitamins digest properly, strengthens skin, and improves circulation.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/13/2011 1:07 pm

well which 1 r u using?

MemberMember
(@gators_fan)

Posted : 02/13/2011 10:04 pm

I'm using NOW MSM Powder. I take 1/2 teaspoon twice daily, will prolly up that to a full teaspoon twice daily in a few days. You don't wanna start too quickly with this stuff or your body will detox too hard and have a healing crisis and potentially break out.

I only have two active pimples at the moment. Still too early to tell if MSM is the reason though.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 12/18/2011 6:22 pm

I'm using NOW MSM Powder. I take 1/2 teaspoon twice daily, will prolly up that to a full teaspoon twice daily in a few days. You don't wanna start too quickly with this stuff or your body will detox too hard and have a healing crisis and potentially break out.

I only have two active pimples at the moment. Still too early to tell if MSM is the reason though.

How about an update? Did MSM work for you?

well which 1 r u using?

Did you ever try it? What were your results?

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/05/2014 11:36 pm

I definitely don't eat any foods that contain MSM. It looks like I'll need one more supplement...

These women swear by it:

*URL Removed, see board rules; http://www.acne.org/board-rules.html Acne.org Moderator Team*