Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In the past 7 months, my acne got really bad. I now have brown and red marks and I'm breaking out.I've tried so many medications, and even got an allergic reaction. I'm on Murad and Minocycline. Prom is in less than 3 months. I wanna be pretty so bad. I wanna look in the mirror and like what I see. I can't look in the mirror more than 10 minutes without almost breaking down in tears. What can I do to stop feeling like this? I'm ready to give up and just let the acne happen. :(

Edited by jessikur55

Hmm perhaps you should try not applying any more products to your face. Back when I was in high school I never applied anything to my face and I rarely broke out. No acne products, no makeup, hell not even washing it ;P Not everyone is the same so I'm not sure if that will work for you. New acne regimens also take a long time until you see results. You have to be really patient with one to see results.

My advice is do your research and stick with whatever you decide to do for at least 3 months. Don't alter whatever you do in anyway. When you do, it will only worsen your situation. In the last 6 months I altered my regimens so much that I went from having mild acne to having moderate acne! I also recommend keeping your regimen as simple as possible. The less irritation you put on your face the better. Don't use too many products. I wish you good luck!

hey girl, first of all, you have to try to calm down =] try going somewhere or doing something that helps you relax. 2nd of all, you may want to change your regimen, try to get some advise from people on here. maybe using different products, and maybe taking some fish oil on a daily basis. also, for prom, if you dont wear make up already, you can try to get a good foundation (maybe one that is good for sensitive skin) and wear that=] alsooo, as hard as this is to believe, bc its hard to make myself believe it, acne doesnt make you you. as annoying as it is, and as much as it brings a lot of us acne sufferers down, you are still a beautiful person=] you just have to get to apoint where u can accept urself, and also know that maybe your acne is just teenage acne. i unfortunatly started breaking out in 8th grade and have had it ever since (im almost 21 now) and it is so annoying having it in college and everything. but i have been trying different things lately =] we'll see how it goes. but know that you have support on here and you are going to look great for prom =) dont worry girl=]

Me too, OP. Both my temples and the center of both my cheeks are pretty badly scarred with red and brown marks from previous severe acne. The rest of my face, for the most part, is fairly good but the areas I mentioned still look quite horrible and, as a result, make my entire face as a whole look pretty bad. It's been over a year yet the marks are still there, although it has faded significantly.

To cope with the marks I like to pretend it's some type of tattoo or "battle scars" or something so it makes me look tougher -- I suppose it's socially acceptable for men to have some acne and scars on their face. I've had this on my face for so long that I'm used to it but I'm starting to get really sick of it and I just want totally clear and normal looking skin again.

Edited by fplix

In the past 7 months, my acne got really bad. I now have brown and red marks and I'm breaking out.I've tried so many medications, and even got an allergic reaction. I'm on Murad and Minocycline. Prom is in less than 3 months. I wanna be pretty so bad. I wanna look in the mirror and like what I see. I can't look in the mirror more than 10 minutes without almost breaking down in tears. What can I do to stop feeling like this? I'm ready to give up and just let the acne happen. :(

Have you been to a dermatologist? Obviously a doctor had to prescribe you minocycline, but was it a derm or your general care provider? If you haven't been to a derm, take steps as soon as possible to see one. Call your general care provider, set up an appointment as soon as possible, and ask for a referral to a dermatologist. General care providers can try to help you, but in my experience they probably just don't have the skills to help you as much as a derm. PLEASE, PLEASE SEE A DERM!

To give you an idea of why I'm so adamant about that, I'll sum up my experience: I went to my general care provider to help me out with my acne, and she ended up prescribing me a birth control pill that had the opposite effect and made me break out worse than I've ever seen. I went through a period that was probably similar to how you feel now; I would cry every day, I felt hopeless, I felt like there was no solution for me. I felt so ugly, all I wanted was to look in the mirror and feel pretty, or even just normal. People without acne generally do not understand this. I'm sad that you are feeling this way right now, because I know how horrible it is, and so do the other people on this site. But there are ways to get much better skin! The first place to go is a dermatologist. If they give you something, make sure you give it a fair shot. Ask them lots of questions, call them a lot, don't worry about bugging them. Be an advocate for yourself. You can get through this! I'm rooting for you, don't lose hope.