Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dnttreadonme900

AHHHHHH what is going on????

It seems like the only area on my face that likes to breakout is a quarter size section of my upper left cheek. This past week has been hell there.

I got a HUGE cyst. First cyst I had in 3 years. When that was finally flattening, a pimple popped up under that. Then that thing got pretty big. Today, it finally went down only for me to look in the mirror an hour ago to see a new swollen pimple on top of that!

:cry: I just want it to stop.

I'm not sure why ice works for everyone else and not me. I'm putting hot compresses on this new one, hopefully it goes down a lot. It's really noticeable.

Sorry your having breakouts. Do you maybe sleep on the left side of your face? That could explain why your breaking out only in that area. I would try to sleep on your back or change your sheets often and see if that helps.

As for the current breakout, Idk everyone is different. Ice doesn't work to well for me either. I usually just take long hot showers and let them take care of themselves. If your only breaking out in one part of your face, I wouldn't sweat it I'm sure it doesnt look to bad.

It seems like the only area on my face that likes to breakout is a quarter size section of my upper left cheek. This past week has been hell there.

I got a HUGE cyst. First cyst I had in 3 years. When that was finally flattening, a pimple popped up under that. Then that thing got pretty big. Today, it finally went down only for me to look in the mirror an hour ago to see a new swollen pimple on top of that!

:cry: I just want it to stop.

I'm not sure why ice works for everyone else and not me. I'm putting hot compresses on this new one, hopefully it goes down a lot. It's really noticeable.

Hey there,

I wanted to recommend a book by a dermatologist called Dr Leslie Baumann called The Skin Type Solution - the recommendations in it has really helped with my acne and dehydration problems.

Ice doesn't work for me neither. Never tried the steaming or hot towel thing, but I don't have the type of acne that would benefit from it.

I just don't understand..

1. Why in this secluded area on my face.

2. Why these regular pimples are turning into cyst-like sacs when I'm not even messing with them!

I've noticed that a regular pimple popping up in the area just merges with the already healing lump from before and it turns into this inflamed mass, aka a cyst.

I read that it takes 2 weeks for a pimple to form, so something 2 weeks ago has made this spot break out.

i got the exact same thing in the same spot. upper left cheek. there's always something going there. usually a new zit comes on top of the redmark and forms a bigger spot. they never come to head and take long to go away.

i think it can take from days, up to weeks for a spot to break out so it's hard to correlate.

however i found that whenever i go out and have (quite) a few drinks on friday after work, 7 days later this spot breaks out with a cyst again. not 100% sure but i'm starting to suspect it.

I don't think any of us can answer why exactly you're breaking out or breaking out in the areas that you are breaking out in. However I can reccommend that you try maximum stregnth Cortizone cream, which you can get at a drug store. I don't get many cysts but I got a bad one a couple weeks ago & it helped A LOT in just 2 days. It has also seemed to help with my pimples a little & scarring. Just put it on there before you go to sleep at night & if you can, cover it with a band aid, that helps.

& also, about that "it takes 2 weeks for a pimple to form", I don't know about that because when I forget to take my make up off at night I'll wake up the very next morning with a couple new pimples, every time, & it has to be from the left on make up because I never wake up with so many new pimples when I wash my face at night.

I don't think any of us can answer why exactly you're breaking out or breaking out in the areas that you are breaking out in. However I can reccommend that you try maximum stregnth Cortizone cream, which you can get at a drug store. I don't get many cysts but I got a bad one a couple weeks ago & it helped A LOT in just 2 days. It has also seemed to help with my pimples a little & scarring. Just put it on there before you go to sleep at night & if you can, cover it with a band aid, that helps.

& also, about that "it takes 2 weeks for a pimple to form", I don't know about that because when I forget to take my make up off at night I'll wake up the very next morning with a couple new pimples, every time, & it has to be from the left on make up because I never wake up with so many new pimples when I wash my face at night.

Yeah, it looks like it's calming down...thank god for Hot Epsom Salt Compresses and Mario Badescu Buffering lotion. It's almost flat now, still hurts a little. But I bet by tomorrow or at the most Wednesday it will be totally healed, as long as nothing else pops up there!

I'm the same too, except my problem was really bad on the right cheek bone. Breakouts must have lasted for over four months for me and for 21 years I never had breakouts there. Suddenly it just seemed to stopped after I introduced differin and clindamycin. Who knows why you break out there, maybe that are gets more irritation somehow. Maybe you flip over when you sleep? Maybe there's more bacteria there forwhatever reasons. It's hard to say.. I wish I knew..