Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onelittleone

when looking in the mirror

I used to stare at my acne in the mirror and bawl my eyes out while cursing. Sometimes I'd scream. And then I'd get angry because the rise in blood pressure made my complexion blotchy and red marks stand out just that much more. It's not a good moment, but you're definitely not alone.

I don't talk to myself in front of the mirror. :D

But I do check my pores,examine any pimples and determine if they need spot treatment or not, and then I finish my morning regimen. I'm kind of "meh" about my looks these days. I do what I can, and don't worry about the rest.

Talk? Never. I make dumb facial expressions a-la Jim Carrey style, and checking my skin of course, lately less though.

god yes, ive destroyed more mirrors than i can remember...being the only one in my family with acne was always a sore subject for me, my dad (god rest his soul) was a very handsome man, and my mom is still very beautiful, my brothers a freaking model!!! and my sisters as sweet as she is pretty....and then theres me, grumpy, ugly me....

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

when i see in mirror so fugly stuffs that just makes me on rage id just make rly nasty mimics n swear in a way yo ears would bleed fo sho if hear that!!

I try to encourage myself. I usually say something along the lines of "My skin is clear, healthy, and radiant. I'm going to have a productive and successful day, and will go wherever I want in life. Today will be a good day!" Now it's not that I believe in that whole law of attraction stuff, but rather the psychological effects that being positive has on you. I rarely let little things get me down, and I notice almost immediately if my feelings or emotions are getting out of control, and I can shift back to a positive mood mostly by choice and thinking things logically out in my head. I'm a firm believer in the idea that you have to love yourself before you love others, and people will love you when you love yourself because you'll be much happier!

Ill start talking to myself before i even look in the mirror.Say things like,ok self lets see what you look like to day,or you going out or going to stay in bed all day.

When i do look at myself ill stare for a few minutes start cursing & have even cryed my eyes out & have broken a few mirrors in frustration i gess ance makes us all a little crazy. Then ask myself how much longer am i going to have to deal with this crap,how can i go on looking like this,will it even end.

when i see in mirror so fugly stuffs that just makes me on rage id just make rly nasty mimics n swear in a way yo ears would bleed fo sho if hear that!!

LOLOLOL

i just rage at the mirror too

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

LOLOLOL

i just rage at the mirror too

:hifive:

I used to stare at my acne in the mirror and bawl my eyes out while cursing. Sometimes I'd scream. And then I'd get angry because the rise in blood pressure made my complexion blotchy and red marks stand out just that much more. It's not a good moment, but you're definitely not alone.

I've seen pics of you on this site.Your a beautiful lady,could not imagine you bawling your eyes out while looking in the mirror

I look into the mirror and see if there's active acne or not. Last time when my skin is full of bumps/acnes, i always check if it's healing or not. Now, i'm talking to the scars and chant to them to get them heal faster and disappear from my skin.

I've always talked to myself in the mirror whether I had acne or not. When I was younger I never left the house without makeup so I would talk to myself while I did my makeup. Then it turned into me crying and hating how I looked in the mirror because of my acne. The past few months I stopped looking and decided not to worry about it and now I can look in the mirror and see better skin than I've had in years. I'm clear for now. But I remember feeling so ugly when I looked in the mirror that I would just hate my face and how I looked.

On days where I choose self-delusion: "I am beautiful and my acne doesn't matter!"

On days where I choose self-acceptance: "Fine, I have acne, but no one cares and I certainly don't because I am beautiful."

On days where I hate my life: "I am ugly and my face is ugly and acne is the bane of my existence and why the (insert swear word) can't I have smooth, acne-free skin like some of the lucky people who don't know how damn lucky they are?!"

Other days, I just avoid looking at myself in the eye in the mirror (if that's possible?). Let's just say that after a shower I'm glad the mirror fogs up.

when i look at the mirror i just don´t say anything, my mind goes blank and i just can´t say anything. but i do take alot of pictures because...acne...is not a problem in my life anymore. but not because my face is free of acne (which actually is not! i still have pimples and red marks) the thing is that...i just don´t care anymore, i know for some of you out there it is very hard to cope with it. but...i don´t know what is actually happening to me because i feel much confident now then i was before. there are so many other big problems in life to be worrying about pimples, everybody has pimples. the thing that makes us feel like shit is the society that we are living today. which in order to be beautiful you have to look like those models that are in magazines. but those people who make rude comments to those who have acne are 100% ignorant and i´m not going to be the one who is going to educate them. simple as that.

Besides the fact if I didn't have the acne here and there as I do on my face, I'd be hotter than zac efron. Regardless, I don't even look at my face in the mirror anymore because I'm too busy Checking out my ripped-ness.

I spend too much time in front of a mirror. I criticize every flaw. I obsess over every blemish. I never have anything to wear. I don't wear red because I'm afraid it will bring out my red marks. I don't know what is wrong with me. I gave up smoking cigarettes last year. I even quit my favorite illegal activity because I felt like it messed with my skin color. If I didn't have acne I wouldn't have quit that.

Guest keenzo

I used to do the same thing :(

What i hate about having this problem is the looks you get even by normal people. I used to get all these looks as if they wanted to say "why aren't you doing anything about your problem" As if i haven't tried anything.

It's nice to be able to see others feel the same way. I hope you get better.