Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UghWtf

Any fictional character you feel you relate to?

The title says it all. Because of acne and these scars, I know often times I see a character on tv or a movie or read about someone in a book and I am just like, "Damn, I know exactly how they feel".

But the character I feel I most relate to is a villian from the Batman series named Clayface.

To any comicbook fans out there, I know there are different portrayals of him and various characters who share the name, but the one I most identify with, is the one in this short clip.

Clayface was originally an actor, who due to a bad car accident suffered from a scarred and disfigured face. He felt hopeless and all was lost, until he found a "cure".

It was a miracle cream called "RenuYou", that when he put on his face, it made him look normal. It got rid of his scars, his disfigurements and he could then continue acting. The downside is, he became obsessed over it, addicted. He couldnt go out the house without it on. It was expensive, and the people he was getting it from wanted him to commit crimes for them. He didnt want to be a criminal, but at this point he felt like he had no choice, and in a last ditch effort, he attempted to steal a bunch of RenuYou from the mob bosses, only to be caught. Instead of killing them, they drown him in the mixture, thus creating the monsterous blob known as clayface.

Alot of times when I look in the mirror, I feel the same way. The desperation, the anger. I look at my scars and just think damn, I wish there was something I could put on my face to just get rid of these. I look at my BP and my makeup as my "RenuYou", because every day and every night I cover my self in lotion and BP, and never leave the house without make up on.

If the mob were to come to me with this miracle product, I must admit, I would be tempted to take it. I completely sympathize with this character and often find myself channeling him inside me. The disfigured actor searching for a miracle cure.

I wish I could find the full episode on youtube, I think alot of people would really relate to it, and while it is just a silly cartoon, it really hits home.

Anyway, thats who I feel like I can relate to most. Are there any characters you guys feel like you can relate to, be it from movies, books, cartoons or even real life people from the past or present? And why them?

I`ve never really thought about this before. But thinking through characters of my favourate books and things.

The character I remind myself most of is galadriel from lord of the rings. No one understands her and no one ever will. :P

Something about Quasimoto, Notre Damme something? He loves Esmeralda, but she cant love him back.

Im not exactly Quasimoto, but worse than Ray Liotta.

PS

Check the rapper Quasimoto if youre into hip-hop.

Something about Quasimoto, Notre Damme something? He loves Esmeralda, but she cant love him back.

Im not exactly Quasimoto, but worse than Ray Liotta.

PS

Check the rapper Quasimoto if youre into hip-hop.

Haha, I actually just got done watching goodfellas. And I'll definitely check out quasimoto

When I was a teen I used to feel for this one manga character named Belial (AKA Mad Hatter).

She was an angel that refused to be part of God's plan during her creation,before even a gender was placed on her. She takes on the feminine side a bit more. Her name means "worthless" and she was cast from heaven. She is always trying to prove her worth to someone who won't ever change his mind about her.

I always felt like that growing up in my house.Like I could never please anyone and I was just an ugly,shapeless person. I would wear baggy,boyish clothes and everything because I was so uncomfortable with myself. lol

Somewhat relates to your appearance,somewhat doesn't. It's hard to relate to a character just for appearance and acne related reasons.

Lisbeth Salander.... from the girl with the dragon tattoo books (great novels and good movie)

cold, heartless, odd, not really good at relationships, secluded, like nothing can fade her.

Edited by Tokra

Dr. Brennan from the show "Bones". On many levels - smart, scientific (craves evidence and truth), atheist, somewhat of a loner who is not always great with people or relationships - somewhat fearful of attachments, but also mostly okay being on her own. Only seems cool or distant on the surface, but those that get to know her see otherwise - that she is kind and just tries to hide her emotions. Often uses her intellect as a defense mechanism.