Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Possiblement

Puffy eyes????

Hi All,

So I am on my 3rdish day of the Regimen and I have noticed my eyes are beyond puffy but swollen. I know that your skin needs to become accustom to BP but has anyone else experienced this?????

DIScouraging... :redface:

I am avoiding the eye area like Dan specifies....

Hi All,

So I am on my 3rdish day of the Regimen and I have noticed my eyes are beyond puffy but swollen. I know that your skin needs to become accustom to BP but has anyone else experienced this?????

DIScouraging... :redface:

I am avoiding the eye area like Dan specifies....

What's swollen your eyes or your eyelids? When you wash your face avoid any water going down your eye area because this might bring down some bp into your eye area and just don't put any bp within a 1.5 in radius or so of the eye lids

My eyelids and under eyes are puffy. I will try my hardest to avoid washing my eyes but its sort of unavoidable.

Thanks for your help!

Anyone else have advice?

I have had the same problem! I just recently started doing this: before actually washing my face, I take a damp facecloth and gently wipe off the bp, away from my eyes. It exfoliates a little and so far hasn't been irritating at all as long as I'm gentle. Then I wash my face all splashy splashy.

I've only done this for a couple days and so far no real difference but I also moisturize really close to my eyes and I was wondering if that would also be causing puffiness. Do you moisturize close to your eyes? I do it because the skin there was dry from bp runoff from washing my face before so I'm thinking the washcloth wiping method will still be useful because no dryness around eyes means I won't have to moisturize there.

As has been mentioned by Dan and Brandy, swelling is never a good sign. I've used BP products a few years ago (like proactiv) and the same thing has happened- face welled up and eyelids were swollen. I thought it was an allergic reaction, but decided to try the regimen and see if I really am allergic to BP. About the first day after using BP, my lower eye lids were a little puffy, but not swollen. I've been using the regimen for about 5 days now, and make sure that I stay very clear from my eyes/eyelids when washing, applying BP, and as well as lotion. I know how embarrassing it is! But just try to stay clear of your eyes. That's what I've done.

Good luck!

The washcloth idea is a great one!

It has gotten a tad bit better the past few days but my eyes are still a bit puffy. My face as a whole is not swollen. My skin is also tolerating the BP more and more.

@bleachedanothershirt: I don't see why the moisturizer would cause swelling but be careful not to moisturize too close to the eye area because you might move some of the bp into this area.