Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used extra virgin olive oil last night as a makeup remover and it worked really well. I was wondering if it is safe to regularly use on my face, or if it will break me out?

I know regular olive oil has a good chance of breaking people out, though there's still a lot of people who love it, but I don't know how extra virgin olive oil is different.

Any oil makes a good makeup remover, btw. ;)

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

well now that i think about it i do remember it breaking me out akshully :think:, but then again everyones skin is different n yadda so idk, u probz should try to apply it on little not too much mattering area for first to test it out n then see wut happens.

During the summer when my skin freaked out from too much acne treatment, I slathered on EVOO and it must have been on my face for hours, and I didn't get any breakouts. But for others, it does break them out. You could play it safe and use a different oil like everyone is saying, whatever works for you :)

you should check hemp seed oil which is not commedogenic (actualy it helps with clogged pores) and full of vitamines and antioxidants.its light and helps reducing/preventing wrinkles ;)

http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist

Olive oil is rated 2 for comedogenicity. Some people (myself included) can use it topically with no problems. For other people, it may cause breakouts. Maybe try using it on a small area of your face for a couple of weeks to see how your skin reacts.

How would you classify your acne/describe your skin?

I've been following a modified version of the Acne.org regimen for coming up on three years, so my skin's pretty good these days. Untreated, I have combination skin (very oily in some spots and very dry in others) with mild to moderate acne.